compelling personal reasons for student funding help needed!!

Options
2»

Comments

• salesadmin
    salesadmin Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    To add another slant on this I was in a similar situation. I dropped out of uni in my first year and decided to go back. I was asked for "compelling personal reasons" but my reasons were that the course and distance from my family just didn't work for me. This is what I told them in my letter and I was granted funding for my new 3 year course. I would ring them and explain then ask specifically what it is that they want.

As suggested above a letter from your Mum may help.
    Married 5th June 2010
    1st Baby born 12th April 2011:j
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    salesadmin wrote: »
    To add another slant on this I was in a similar situation. I dropped out of uni in my first year and decided to go back. I was asked for "compelling personal reasons" but my reasons were that the course and distance from my family just didn't work for me. This is what I told them in my letter and I was granted funding for my new 3 year course. I would ring them and explain then ask specifically what it is that they want.

As suggested above a letter from your Mum may help.

This situation isn't the same. Everybody's allowed the length of their course plus one year - no extenuating circumstancesa are required. The OP dropped out after a year and a half.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure