Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today has consisted of trying to stay awake, Pickle has slept poorly for the last 2 nights and it's really caught up with me. We did do the food shop this morning. Groceries & household goods coming in under the my supermarket prediction (I told it that I was buying everything in mr T's. Then bought the stuff I could (that was cheaper) in Ald1.
    I did buy cook at home Chinese takeaway stuff in mrT's for 4 of us it came to £28 which is probably about half what we would spend on an actual takeaway. I took this spends from the restaurant budget.

I don't think I'm going to make the £150 mop this month. The car seat clean is £45 (paid today) and I need £80 for the jeans repairs. I've juggled the budget round, lowering groceries, household bills, spending money etc to top up the 'stuff I'll forget' budget, which is where it's coming from, but that's quite a big hole in the finances so early in the month.
    Surveys have picked up a little so next time pa reaches £20 to cash out fee free, I may use it to replenish those pots a bit rather than boost my wool fund as I don't actually need any wool for a very long time.

Tomorrow hubby's new car needs to go in for a firmware update on the radio/cd/mavigation/phone thing as he's just getting the little circle of death. This will be free as he's had the car for two weeks and! They offer their customers free Saturday am car wash along with coffees and pastries while you wait. That's got to be a winner.
    The garage is next door to a designer outlet place so we'll also have a once round there. My everyday summer shoes have died so I think I'll use some birthday money to replace them with a winter suitable pair of shoes.

Think that's all from me. Updates below.

Friday
    Food shop✅
    Clear a box in the loft❌ I slept when Pickle slept today.

Saturday
    Washing
    Knitting
    Family day (hubby home tonight, if he can find a way round the M6 closure)

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

1) reduce mortgage capital by £445.00
    £54.90/£150 TT from shopping
    2) cash out £30 on surveys/mystery shopping/cashback etc
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) could cash out a £10 voucher from vo, but might leave it in and get a £15 Amaz0n one instead later in the month.
    3) 30 lots of decluttering/organising
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    3/10

The weight loss challenge 24 days left in September which is why everything is out of 24 (when I started)
    1) no snacking unless it grew 2/24
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 2/24 no bread based products at all.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 2/24
    4) keep a food diary (with report)
    Breakfast: porridge with fresh strawberries (instead of sugar)
    Lunch: pasta with bacon and tomato salsa sauce, salad & 30gs of light cheese
    Tea: Chinese takeaway food. (To come)
    Other: Strawberries, Apple, weak cordial, Diet Coke. (Probably some form of alcohol shortly)

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    evening all,
    Today went as planned, early start to take hubby's car to have the media unit rebooted meant spends on a lovely family breakfast. Then some shopping in the outlet place, I've got some new everyday shoes as my canvas ones have split and it is raining £29.99 spent. Have taken it from my spending money budget at the moment, but they may have to come from my birthday money as things are feeling tight (thanks to the larger than expected jeans repair bill) definitely need to up the nsd count.
    This is the situation at the end of what is really week 1 of September. (All amounts are money left/budgeted amount. )

Groceries: £156/£250
    Household goods: £81/100
    Spending money:£34/£100
    Restaurant: £25/100
    Stuff I'll forget: £9/100

Please tell me this is ok???

Saturday
    Washing - just about to hang up last load
    Knitting - tonight's activity
    Family day (hubby home tonight, if he can find a way round the M6 closure) ✅ yes lovely day with my boys.

Sunday
    Cook roast dinner
    Cleaner proof the house

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 TT from today's spends
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85)
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    3/10

The weight loss challenge 24 days left in September which is why everything is out of 24 (when I started)
    1) no snacking unless it grew 3/24 (unless two polos in the car count as snacking)
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 3/24
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 3/24
    Breakfast: Eggs royale
    Lunch: ham & cheese salad sandwich , crisps and a couple of left over Chinese nibbles
    Tea: hm Chilli with rice & nachos with some hm fruit salad for pudding(To come)
    Other: Strawberries, weak cordial, Diet Coke, fresh lemonade, 2 polos.

Wish
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    A nsd today, which is quite easy for a Sunday, church this morning, lazy afternoon and a roast for tea. Enough roast left over to bung in the slow cooker for at least a couple of portions of hot pot too.
    This evening 'a job is cleaner proofing the house and cracking on with the knitting.

Tomorrow could be a nsd tomorrow. Milk is running a little short, but we have some 'just add water' porridge for Pickle we can use and hubby may have to have Americano coffees and not his usual latte.

I'm also running a bit short on lunch type foods, bit of a grocery shop error there, will see how long we can last before I have to shop.

Still fretting a bit about the amount I've got left to see me through this month, but a few nsds should sort that out. No Pickle activity spends planned this week, I do have £7 cash in my purse that's already been accounted for on YNAB, so there is a little bit of wiggle room. By next weekend we are halfway through the month so it will be downhill to 'pay' day.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.
    Update...

Sunday
    Cook roast dinner✅
    Cleaner proof the house - next on the to do list

Monday
    Pick up jeans (already paid for)
    Make tea cakes for tuesday's bake along
    Wash bedding
    Prep for work on Tuesday inc sorting Pickle's things

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 No change today as nsd and I don't feel comfortable taking £1 from each pot as there is still a lot of month left.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) close to a £15 voucher on vo
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    4/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 4/24 even refrained from biscuits at church.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 3/24 failed today, 2 slices of bread at breakfast, 2 crumpets at lunch
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 4/24
    Breakfast: bacon & egg sandwich
    Lunch: crumpets with cheese & nachos
    Dinner: Lamb roast dinner
    Other: Strawberries, weak cordial, G&t to come later.

Wish
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    A nsd today, which is quite easy for a Sunday, church this morning, lazy afternoon and a roast for tea. Enough roast left over to bung in the slow cooker for at least a couple of portions of hot pot too.
    This evening 'a job is cleaner proofing the house and cracking on with the knitting.

Tomorrow could be a nsd tomorrow. Milk is running a little short, but we have some 'just add water' porridge for Pickle we can use and hubby may have to have Americano coffees and not his usual latte.

I'm also running a bit short on lunch type foods, bit of a grocery shop error there, will see how long we can last before I have to shop.

Still fretting a bit about the amount I've got left to see me through this month, but a few nsds should sort that out. No Pickle activity spends planned this week, I do have £7 cash in my purse that's already been accounted for on YNAB, so there is a little bit of wiggle room. By next weekend we are halfway through the month so it will be downhill to 'pay' day.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.
    Update...

Sunday
    Cook roast dinner✅
    Cleaner proof the house - next on the to do list

Monday
    Pick up jeans (already paid for)
    Make tea cakes for tuesday's bake along
    Wash bedding
    Prep for work on Tuesday inc sorting Pickle's things

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 No change today as nsd and I don't feel comfortable taking £1 from each pot as there is still a lot of month left.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) close to a £15 voucher on vo
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    4/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 4/24 even refrained from biscuits at church.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 3/24 failed today, 2 slices of bread at breakfast, 2 crumpets at lunch
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 4/24
    Breakfast: bacon & egg sandwich
    Lunch: crumpets with cheese & nachos
    Dinner: Lamb roast dinner
    Other: Strawberries, weak cordial, G&t to come later.

Wish
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Another nsd today, so half way to my monthly target.
    Swimming lesson this morning and train set playing at home this afternoon. All very simple and cheap.

I'm thinking I could manage another nsd tomorrow depending how long I'm working for and whether I pop to @ldi on the way home. (No ham or cheese in. )

Monday
    Pick up jeans (already paid for) - going after tea
    Make tea cakes for tuesday's bake along✅
    Wash bedding✅
    Prep for work on Tuesday inc sorting Pickle's things - another after tea job.

Tuesday
    As I'm working tomorrow and it's bake off, I'm not having a home to do list. Normal service to resume Wednesday.

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 Anothe nsd so no change again today.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) no change.
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    5/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 4/24 no change. I taste tested my bake for tomorrow night's bake off. Yummy, but a snack that didn't grow.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 4/24
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 5/24
    Breakfast: didn't have any today.
    Lunch: cheese, chutney sandwich
    Dinner: Hm pizza (even made the dough for the base) - to. One once pIckle is asleep.
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke might have a G&t Later

Wish[/QUOTE]
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya Wish, great news on your nsd. You've inspired me to set myself a nsd target!
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Here is Tuesday's update....

I was so tired after work and bake off last night I fell asleep reading diaries and didn't update here, so here are the headlines.

Nsd
    Took my lunch with me to work

Tuesday
    As I'm working tomorrow and it's bake off, I'm not having a home to do list. Normal service to resume Wednesday. ✅

[wednesday
    Washing - I hate washing! It's never ending and a boring job. Urghhhhhh
    Tidy house - it's amazing how much it looks like a bomb site from just 1 day not on top of it - this is why I'm decluttering so it doesn't get this bad.
    Plan Sunday school
    1 hour loft tidying. (This has to be finished by the time hubby comes home next week as it's tax return time of the year again )

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 Another nsd so no change again today. I'm beginning to feel like the budgets are easing up a bit, mostly due to 3 nsds in a row. I may be able to squeeze a 4th one out today.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) no change. Surveys have picked up though
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    6/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 5/24
    I'm not counting bake off eat along as snacking.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 4/24 well, it was bread week on bake off, so muchos bread consumed in the evening. Although none of us are very good at bread so we only had a taste of each one as they weren't that Moreish.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 6/24
    Lunch: cheese, & salad sandwich
    Dinner: fish, chips and beans- home cooked (as in we didn't go to the chippy, but I can't say homemade
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke, sparkling grape and elderflower drink (free from shopm1um last week. )

Wish
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Looking good! I'm doing well on the NSD front too....although it's making for some slightly odd ensembles for evening meals :p:p
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Thanks Betterthannever,

Hubby heads away today so it's back to batch cooked freezer meals for me tonight. Otherwise known as dinner roulette. I've got loads of veggies left from Sunday's dinner which I'll need to cook up into a batch cooked something. Running out of space in the freezers though. Eek
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    i did type a post last night, but I think I fell asleep while doing it. Oops. Sooo tired it seems. So just my updates this morning before I start on the to do list.

[wednesday
    Washing - I hate washing! It's never ending and a boring job. ✅
    Tidy house - it's amazing how much it looks like a bomb site from just 1 day not on top of it - this is why I'm decluttering so it doesn't get this bad. ✅
    Plan Sunday school✅
    1 hour loft tidying. (This has to be finished by the time hubby comes home next week as it's tax return time of the year again )✅

Thursday
    House chores (tidy round, washing etc)
    Sort 1 box in the loft
    Personal info and easy stuff on job application

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£56.39/£150 small survey cashout.
    £5.43/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85, Qme3: 58p)
    9/30 an hour in the loft office
    4) 10 nsd in September
    7/10 today was a nsd again (I think that's 4 in a row)

1) no snacking unless it grew 5/24
    I'm not counting bake off eat along as snacking.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 4/24 well, it was bread week on bake off, so muchos bread consumed in the evening. Although none of us are very good at bread so we only had a taste of each one as they weren't that Moreish.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 6/24
    Lunch: cheese, & salad sandwich
    Dinner: fish, chips and beans- home cooked (as in we didn't go to the chippy, but I can't say homemade
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke, sparkling grape and elderflower drink (free from shopm1um last week. )

Wish[/QUOTE]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure