negativity from others

Options

Comments

• chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh some people are sore losers aren't they?! I've always thought if some people (and it is only a few) spent less time moaning and more time entering comps, they'd win more!

I guess you have to let it wash over you the best you can. Easier said than done sometimes!

too many comps..not enough time!
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    to be fair I dont post very many things on facebook as im used to it, especially of my brother who thinks the world owes him but has never done a hard days work in his life instead chooses to live on benefits and tell us "why should i go to work when you go and dont see your kids while you pay for me to spend all day with mine!"
    It was more when i won the huge playdoh set, i had loads of comments. I tell everyone to start comping. I enter lots i just enjoy something other than bills coming through the post.
    My mum and dad supports us while saying they couldnt be bothered they understand why we do it and are always happy for us while telling us at the same time to put what we can awy for gifts
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore!!! I get daft comments on a weekly basis often from randoms, their issue don't make it yours.

Do as you do, enjoy it and keep thinking of that warm feeling a win gives you!!!

Only compers get comping!!
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's sad that some people are so nasty- tells you how they are generally in their non-comping life.

I do use some prizes for family and other causes, but no one should tell someone what they should do with their wins!!
  • deb2112
    deb2112 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    I don't say anything to anyone- it isn't their business. Anyone can enter the same number of comps as we do, there's nothing stopping them, but other people's jealousy is exactly the reason I don't say anything. I save a lot of wins for presents and so people get some pretty nice gifts from me but if they knew I hadn't paid for them, who knows if they'd be okay about it. Personally I'd be thrilled to be given a lovely prize as a present and would be happy that the person had thought of me instead of keeping it but I don't think everyone thinks this way.
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stop telling them about the latest prize you've won, and instead tell them in excrutiating detail about the 250 comps you entered since that one without winning a thing. Favourite topics for this are the infamous "fish slice", the daily comp to win 4xAA batteries, or the fact that you spent 10 minutes pointlessly searching for yet another humminbird. They'll soon stop asking about your comping :rotfl:
  • Sjc1973
    Sjc1973 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Usually, people who are negative more generally about good things that happen to others is really about how they are feeling about themselves!!! Good for you if your winning :beer::j:T:rotfl:
  • LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Never had much negativity towards myself thankfully. Some people think its weird that I spend time entering them, but then I point out I've won around £500 in cash, 2 holidays and a whole bunch of random stuff.. they soon shut up! Haha. And if anyone did say I should donate them or give them to someone else, i'd tell them to fudge off and mind their own business. I enter stuff to win for myself, family and friends and will continue to do so :)
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When folk ask, I'll tell them what I've won and if they express surprise or jealousy at the wins, I suggest they also enter 2000 competitions per month, at which point they generally looked shocked and shut up.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think a lot of people must speak without engaging their brain. I'm sure they think it's 'cheating' to be a comper. My brain doesn't really comprehend. What makes me a comper? Entering more than 10 a week? 50? 500? 5,000? I have no bloody idea. I think they all think we enter the same comp 100 times. There are usually hundreds or thousands of entries and I have one entry - as much chance of winning as them if they got up off their !!!!!$ and entered! People never believe me about how many competitions there are out there!

Weird innit.

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills