Gousto

Options
2»

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My mother tried a Gousto box for a fortnight and liked the foods and recipy cards they sent but said it was badly let down because they used Yodel which at best were temperamental, at times delivering so late they ruined the plans for eating said meals. It was lucky (she said) that she had the week off and planned on a lot of house work, she or her partner were able to be around the majority of the week as he also took the week off but had they not it was possible the meals would not have arrived in time and they'd have to be destroyed (this is what the company say they have to do because it's only safe to be out of the fridge for so long).

Having said all that though, I think if it were not as expensive as it is, (she had an initial offer) she'd still try it out again.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not worth the money. Recipes very variable - some ghastly!
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • mezzamay
    mezzamay Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve really enjoyed the Gousto boxes I’ve had so far... on my third week. I find that I actually spend less money on groceries because I’m not continually nipping to my nearest supermarket which is Waitrose... I rarely come out if there spending less than £40 on nothing. So, if you are super organised you can definitely make the same food for less but I’d end up with lots of left over sauces and spices etc which I don’t with the Gousto . It also gets me out if the rut of cooking the same things over and over and trying new recipes.
    The good thing is that my teenage kids find it quite fascinating... they like to choose the recipes and have both started cooking meals for us with the Gousto boxes!! Result!
    I wouldn’t do it for ever but once or twice a month when I’m super busy ... I think it’s great.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Posting code again with extra information as deleted in case it was a referral

Code AUT164 for 50% off first 2 boxes.
    Don't know if this is a one use code - found on a flyer inside one of the recent Times newspapers.

Hope someone finds a use for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport