Item Posted, Buyer Wants To Cancel Order

Options
Hi all,

A wee bit of a dilemma.

Item sold via BIN for £10 at about 3pm to a buyer in Spain. Finished work at 4pm, rushed home, packed item and posted at 5pm as I won't be able to post until Friday now. Postmaster says "last post has been, it will be collected tomorrow" which was fine by me.

Message received at about 5.15pm from buyer saying I want to cancel the order.

Do I go back to the PO hoping it's not been picked up and not send it? I've already paid for the postage so won't be able to get a refund on that will I? If I don't cancel the order, won't the buyer be able to open up some sort of claim via eBay / PayPal and say there was something wrong with the item and they want a refund?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Comments

• TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    edited 20 March 2017 at 9:52PM
    Options
    They can open a Returns Case upon receipt & as you have the original message for the cancellation, its a change of mind return & the buyer pays.

I doubt the Post Office will let you have it back
    Explain to the buyer its already been posted, although if its untracked they could claim Item Not Received
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TKPeters wrote: »
    They can open a Returns Case upon receipt & as you have the original message for the cancellation, its a change of mind return & the buyer pays.

I doubt the Post Office will let you have it back
    Explain to the buyer its already been posted, although if its untracked they could claim Item Not Received

Thanks so much. It makes perfect sense. They can claim item not received, although it was not sent tracked, I do have proof of postage.

Thanks again.
  • john2054
    john2054 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    you've been scammed
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    john2054 wrote: »
    you've been scammed

Are you spamming for a particular reason or just because the school holidays are here?:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure