Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Think thats a fantastic idea. Good luck with funding TM.

And good luck to you too getting your vouchers back:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2017 at 11:08PM
    Options
    I've managed a further two stores tonight and it's all change again:rotfl:. It seems that I was wrong about two things (although I'm still not completely sure whether I am right or wrong about one of them), that I was right about one thing and I've got a couple of cheaper prices than what I had before (the cheaper prices are now store-specific).

The Stephenson's Fruited Teacakes (when not on stickered reduction) are in fact straight 50p, despite me being told they were 65p over the last two days at two separate tills. I do not know why scanning two at the till last time got the 50p price coming up (as 2 at £1). With SELs of "50p price crunch" all over the place, I had one 50p SEL too far. They scan at SS as 65p minus 15p. I thought the one store where I saw 65p & 2 for £1 was correct as I have had (judging by online previously over another totally separate range of items, although who knows if that is correct) one store right and multiple stores wrong before. No wonder the product is OOS in the '2 for £1' store - people probably unnecessarily buying two. I do not suggest this is deliberate - the store may have simply failed to remove an offer label that expired on 4th December last year. (It does draw to mind that recent "Inside Out" programme that related to another retailer.)

I have now found the Red Bull 12 packs. Or at least one of the two anyway - I suppose one is better than neither of them:rotfl:. However, :(trust me to pick a store with two price cards - one of them for £8 and another for £9.92. Without seeing them before, I thought they might have remained unchanged, like the Typhoo 480 bags have. I am now thinking they have gone up and are £9.92, probably until I think something else when I see another store later. I have checked, at the till unfortunately, unable to check at SS every time, and been told they are coming up at £9.92. Which means nowt as the Teacakes apparently came up at 65p last time. I notice that the £8 offer card has the date 9th February on it and the £9.92 one has 8th March - however, even that is not assured as I have seen newly printed labels (according to the dates on them, I assume they are) giving an apparently incorrect offer price after the offer had ended (I checked at the SS later and got full price). Nevertheless, on the basis of what I've been told at the till (to be fair, the (different) SA this time, as different store, said they were "coming up" at the price - they didn't say that was what they are) and because the offer card dates seem to support this, I think the Red Bull cans 12 pack are now £9.92. I would also not be surprised if they had increased (although the previous offer card suggests that the £8 price had been on for a month) because they did work out at a better price than alternative Red Bull packs, so I can imagine they would not want to remain at that price too much. In short, I am thinking they are not £8 any more although of course I could probably have got the £8 price because the £8 card was up. There is that doubt there as both cards are showing; however I think that, were I to buy the product, I should be charged the lower price of the two prices that are showing.

So, this post has dealt with what it seems I was wrong about before - the Teacakes are in fact 50p not 65p and 2 for £1 (contrary to what I said earlier through my not trusting numerous SELs) and I now think I was wrong to think the Red Bull 12 pack cans were still £8 as I now think they are £9.92 although I am still not completely sure.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Juju....did you get sorted out with Gin?

Can I recommend this one

http://www.daffysgin.com/daffys-gin-home/

The bottle itself is beautiful too but then I always was a fur coat and no knickers sort of girl:rotfl:

We paid £28 in W using a money off coupon but I think it was originally £36
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Think I'll blow caution to the wind and have a Bacardi and Coke

Surely I won't have a headache with just one?:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    All this drink talk...we finally got round to cracking open that 7 Up mojito stuff. It reminds me of a watered down version of the minty yogurt dip you get with an Indian takeaway. I'll drink it, but only because it was free. Definitely wouldn't pay for it.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2017 at 11:14PM
    Options
    Good evening I hope you are well. From a womble dated today AvM
    1x L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist Medium Skin Body (150ml) £15.00 £10.00

1x ASDA Fishmonger's Selection Mussels in White Wine Sauce (500g) £3.00 £2.00

AvT

1x L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist Medium Skin Body (150ml) £15.00 £14.00

:jThey work! (To be fair, I did not expect them not to as there seemed no reason to me why they should not and I already have them on the list.)

Msm does not have any competitor price showing on the A product, possibly because it has the A mussels as being "Cooked" - even though the M product is on there (but doesn't say "Cooked"). However, the Sains. version is called "Cooked" on msm and yet isn't against the A product either (maybe their computer is calling Sains. version "Scottish" mussels). The A and M product in my view are correctly comparable though and there is no big difference over the word "Cooked" (that's just a "Savvybuyer" thing, of a single word that causes me not to be 100% confident:rotfl: - but I put them onto the list despite this - I was confident enough - and the price collectors agree:cool:). £1.80 for 500g though:eek:. There can, from time to time, be fresh Counter Mussels available for cheaper price per kilogram although they don't have the wine sauce.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A vs S

1x Always Discreet Plus M Incontinence Pants (9ct) £7.50 £6.50
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (per kg) £0.31 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Heinz Beanz in Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £2.38 £2.00

Always £6 coupon on victoria.co.uk :)
  • chocaholics
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Here it is:D

Oh thanks bubbs and tbw. I was in a neg. balance last week but didnt
    get any refund, my shop then was minus £3 something. Todays is
    about minus £9. I should not have ticked no subs on the Lenor, plus 5 sharpies I refused as I really thought they were the wrong ones as no shower holder mentioned on the pack and was quite happy with that, plus the manky veg pack I refused made me minus about £9 but I seem to be paying £18. Am a bit confused to be honest.
  • chocaholics
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    And good luck to you too getting your vouchers back:)
    Cheers lovely.x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh thanks bubbs and tbw. I was in a neg. balance last week but didnt
    get any refund, my shop then was minus £3 something. Todays is
    about minus £9. I should not have ticked no subs on the Lenor, plus 5 sharpies I refused as I really thought they were the wrong ones as no shower holder mentioned on the pack and was quite happy with that, plus the manky veg pack I refused made me minus about £9 but I seem to be paying £18. Am a bit confused to be honest.

Mine still has not gone collected yet:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure