Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bob I know you said on my diary you were out of the loop with Childcare free hours - I know you DD is not 3 yet but once she is she'll be entitled to 30 hours free childcare (up from current 15) there are also a new childcare voucher scheme coming in next April that is different from current meaning you can take advantage of it even if you are self employed, which you can't for the current one. I know you don't use paid for childcare at the moment but at last they have recognised that self employed should benefit from a tax break on childcare, not just employed.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bob I know you said on my diary you were out of the loop with Childcare free hours - I know you DD is not 3 yet but once she is she'll be entitled to 30 hours free childcare (up from current 15) there are also a new childcare voucher scheme coming in next April that is different from current meaning you can take advantage of it even if you are self employed, which you can't for the current one. I know you don't use paid for childcare at the moment but at last they have recognised that self employed should benefit from a tax break on childcare, not just employed.

Thank you, that is very handy to know. Thanks PF
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning All

In a scene from Batman, Alfred the Butler asks Batman, 'Why do we fall?" the answer? " So we can learn to pick ourselves up"

I spent last night watching brain achingly dull Facebook tutorials on YouTube to answer some of the questions I had about using fb for business marketing. I then searched out as many locals groups as I could with decent follower numbers and have either posted or considered the best way to approach them without spamming people. End of the day people do want to book and hire places for celebrations so it can't harm for them to know about another one.

My main issue at present is lack of new business. So that is what I must focus on. The rates are a big scary thing, but alone that rise can't derail me. Cash flow or lack thereof can.

So this is me digging deep and going for the max I can achieve over the coming few days on the marketing front.

Time to hustle!

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    " I can and I will!" she said.
    :)
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • FacelessNumber
    Options
    Good luck Bob! You can definitely do this, and if you eventually decide not to continue the business, you will know you have done everything you can! Fingers crossed for you on both counts, the rates and the new business!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bob the hustler! Go girl x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 17 March 2017 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Lovely to see you're back to your usual positive self Bob - I truly don't know how you manage it but here's to facebook marketing getting numerous new bookings for you :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bob - I have a friend who does a load of social media marketing as part of her business. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with her. x
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 March 2017 at 10:44AM
    Options
    I don't know the nature of the your venue, but I've struggled to find halls for hire for my children's birthday parties. When I've googled, I get lots of random websites, with no prices etc. It seems to be fine if you know of a hall, but if not, they seem to be difficult to find. Could you contact local schools and ask them to put a poster for you?

Try partnering with organisations to co-run events? E.g. they bring the people and you provide the venue? It could be a way to attract new clients.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Great you are being so positive. Go get em!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport