greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Don't put the dishwasher next to a parallel wall like we did!
    Having never lived in a house with a dishwasher, and given that I assume that most of the walls in my house do run parallel to other walls, I am totally flummoxed by this statement! I have absolutely no idea what it means :rotfl:!

Neither do I! (shhhhh! :D) We've had dw her and in our last house - both houses 'came' with them/ a space for them on the external wall nest to the sink - any kitchen redesigning we did kept them in the same place :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd say don't put an appliance like that on a *party* wall? Might mean something different though :o I've got party walls on the brain :p
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding good greent..well done :)

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'd say don't put an appliance like that on a *party* wall? Might mean something different though :o I've got party walls on the brain :p

You are just a party animal, Karmacat!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Greent, what a lovely thing for your mum to do :)

Re dishwasher - now we've moved we have one by the sink on an outside wall and one in the utility room on an inside wall and have no noise problems. (We have 2 as our buyer was such an @rse from the beginning I excluded it from the sale when completing the solicitors lists of what was in and out of sale). That left me with the problem of what to do with it and thought booger it, we'll use it. Ridiculously I wouldn't be without it now :rotfl:

You've made me think of re reading my diary now :eek:

Enjoy the sun. Tilly xx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    You are just a party animal, Karmacat!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know, I just can't stop :D
  • greent
    Options
    Two dishwashers, Tilly? - I quite like that idea :D Not sure I can fit that into the kitchen plan though! :D

Boys all back to school today - and I was back volunteering this morning and invigilating this afternoon (2.5hour geog exam - not the most exciting exam to invig by myself :D) DD comes home (well - we go and get her) on Saturday - although how long she lasts before going to see bf/ getting bf to come and stay is another issue (actually -she'll have to get him to visit - I'd like her around for some of the school runs whilst the exams are still on) That means the L@keland heated airer will be here over the Summer hols, so I can use that if it's rainy - like today has been..

Manky weather here today - heavy rain for much of it - and apparently it's not easing up much for the week :( DS2 is off on his Y6 residential to N Devon on Weds. Last year's group got sunburn from the day on the lakes - don't think they'll be much chance of that this year!!

I STILL need to process OH's expenses - his c/ac is already looking slightly sick (although expenses are around £600 and most of that is effectively 'spare', I think - so once I do them his account will be rosier again - I refuse to transfer money around in the meantime - he's still in credit, after all (just :D)

Time for bed - have spent way too long tonight re-reading Tilly's diary (have just got to the bit where a/c tidy ups are re-named Tilly Tidies :D) - lovely read, but also miss some of the posters from back then who just disappeared, for whatever reason
    x
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Greent, when Gally, MWC and I were away we were talking about all the people we miss on MSE, as they disappeared. It's odd that you miss people when you've never met them.

Wasn't the weather awful yesterday - it didn't stop raining AT ALL :(

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • greent
    Options
    Yes - I have some people's diaries on my subscribed list in the hope they may post again one day. I really do feel like I know some people on here quite well, even if I've not met them! :)

Counting down the days until the next rent payment is in on BTL to make the next OP - I could temporarily use 'my' money but don't want to be transferring funds here and there. I just need to learn to have some patience! :D

Had a rare afternoon off from exams today - which as my youngest's school was closed (polling station) was great (my mum looked after him this morning) It was also DS1's last external exam yesterday - so after he finished at lunchtime (had an unsupervised free last period, so he could leave) the three of us went for (the now traditional since 2014) post-exams lunch at N@ndos :) We then nipped to Sain5bury's to get the last 2 cards needed to complete DS3's Lego card album and then came home. A large, late lunch means just light food tonight - am thinking cheeses, pate & crackers followed by strawberries from the garden :) DS2 is away on his Y6 residential until tomorrow night, so it's just the 3 of us until OH gets home later

More rain here yesterday and today - great for the garden, but not good for my washing pile! BBC Weather app doesn't show much improvement for tomorrow, either :( Sunday is currently looking the best day for laundry!

x
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That sounds a lovely day, greent.

Missing mse posters ... yes! Me too!

And Tilly - now that you're back, tell Gally she could do with posting her own updates a bit more :) though very pleased to see her posting on other people's diaries, at least :rotfl: :kisses3:
    Save
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport