Hermes Tracking

Options
I bought an item last week and the seller has uploaded a tracking code, just checked it to see if there is an estimated delivery date and it just shows booked on the 17th (9pm). Accepted, In transit and delivered all greyed out.

Is this normal? Or do you think my seller has forgotten to drop it off, or awaiting a collection still?

Thanks
Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you do a screenshot with the tracking number blacked out?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 April 2017 at 2:28PM
    Options
    I wonder if the seller has gone on holiday with my money?

At less than £20 though i dont think they will have got far. :)

tracking.jpg

Just had to check, i thought it was a business seller, but seems not. Private seller that only lists the occasional item.

Couple of negatives, one stating the world has ended but doesnt say what the issue was with the item and another saying the item was not new because it was dusty? Too old to see what it was. Couple of hundred positive feedback other than those two.

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    That's what it looks like when you book but the item hasn't been collected/handed to the parcelshop. Is that your Ebay view? Can you put the tracking into the Hermes website?

Although my view is from the Hermes dashboard and it's a return coming back to me, same sort of thing though.

2mdqypl.png
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yep, thats the box that appears when i click the tracking number in my ebay purchased list.

I think the seller forgot. Emailed asking an estimated delivery time and 1/2 hour later he replies saying it should arrive within a a couple of days.
    Tracking now says dropped off at parcel shop and has been collected.

:)
    Not in a rush for it but as they uploaded tracking will it detect it was delivered after the estimated delivery dates?

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    Yep, thats the box that appears when i click the tracking number in my ebay purchased list.

I think the seller forgot. Emailed asking an estimated delivery time and 1/2 hour later he replies saying it should arrive within a a couple of days.
    Tracking now says dropped off at parcel shop and has been collected.

:)
    Not in a rush for it but as they uploaded tracking will it detect it was delivered after the estimated delivery dates?

It might, but IME it goes by the acceptance scan if there was one.

Late blobs aren't defects as such, they are just orange blobs. :D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It might, but IME it goes by the acceptance scan if there was one.

Late blobs aren't defects as such, they are just orange blobs. :D

The latex are defects, too many and firstly you lose TRS and the. Ultimately you get restricted.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure