Soft search rejected

Options
Looking to transfer 4000 pound worth of debt from barclaycard to another card with low or 0 percent.
Did the eligibility checker, gave me 60 percent chance for Mbna, carried on through wth that check but it came back as rejected, so where do I go from here?
Thanks

Comments

• nicholaswitchell
    Options
    rassman1 wrote: »
    Looking to transfer 4000 pound worth of debt from barclaycard to another card with low or 0 percent.
    Did the eligibility checker, gave me 60 percent chance for Mbna, carried on through wth that check but it came back as rejected, so where do I go from here?
    Thanks

Apply for a credit card at a different company?
  • rassman1
    rassman1 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Apply for a credit card at a different company?

Well the eligibility calc only gave me the mbna choices, the others I already have or it was 0 percent chance.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well the eligibility calc only gave me the mbna choices, the others I already have or it was 0 percent chance.

Then it doesn't look as if you have anywhere to go credit-card wise. Perhaps you need a different approach to managing this debt.
  • rassman1
    Options
    MEM62 wrote: »
    Then it doesn't look as if you have anywhere to go credit-card wise. Perhaps you need a different approach to managing this debt.
    Any other avenues you can think of? I can make the payments ok just wanted to pay it off quicker
  • Hedgehog99
    Hedgehog99 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Any other avenues you can think of? I can make the payments ok just wanted to pay it off quicker

Can you pay off the one with the lowest debt remaining & then see if you get a 0% offer on that one?
  • rassman1
    rassman1 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hedgehog99 wrote: »
    Can you pay off the one with the lowest debt remaining & then see if you get a 0% offer on that one?
    Will have a look and see
  • heartbreak_star
    Options

Pay some extra money to it each month? That's how I pay things off quicker...*bemused*

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Look at where you can cut back on your current spending so that you can throw more money at clearing the balance.

As has been stated often on these forums the only way to improve your financial situation is either to spend less or earn more. I agree that this is very simplistic and many of us cannot just 'earn more' so looking at your spending is probably the best approach in your circumstances.
  • ju_1980
    ju_1980 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    When your first choice card with MBNA was rejected, did they not offer a second and possibly third choice? Likely with less months 0% interest, but still better than nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure