Phone insurance help

Options
Hey All.

I took out a vodafone contract last year and got a samsing Galaxy S7 Edge 32gig.

I lost the phone this year and made an insurance claim through Aviva / carphone wearhouse.

I now want to change insurance company's I've managed to find a deal and they will insure the phone as long as it's less than 18 months old.

My question is that most insurance company's require proof of purchase when making a claim. My concern is that my proof of purchase will show a different IMEI number than the phone I'm currently using.

Does anyone know if I need to worry about this or the procedure around it if I did need to make a claim?

I don't really want to take out insurance if I'm not able to claim when I need to.

Hope this makes sense
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Comments

• Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You would need proof of the new IMEI being in your possession; Carphone Warehouse can provide a document confirming the exchange and I'd advise getting this in place now before switching.

Is the handset provided by CPW brand new? If so, get it in writing (with IMEI confirmation) before taking out the new insurance as a lot of policies won't cover a non-manufacturer refurb.
  • Fender4
    Fender4 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Took a while but all sorted I have an email from them confirming all of the replacement details and the new insurer has said this is fine.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport