Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Options

Comments

• emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Popped into town and closed the 2 dormant savings accounts and we had a grand total of £168 in the two, so that means yay - new table :T

The shopping budget has finally been renewed as my DH got paid on Friday, so today I have been and stocked up. £54 at Aldi, £55 at tesco and £25 at the butchers, I'm hoping I've stocked up enough that we have enough toiletries and cupboard essentials to last the month, so we should only need fruit, veg etc week by week. I didn't get biscuits and crisps for the month just a couple of packets because I think if the cupboard was full we would eat more.

As I'm pretty adamant that I won't spend any more money between now and Monday (famous last words) I am off to quickly work out my total debt repayments for the month so that I can post them tomorrow and then I'm off to make a fish paella for dinner, my dad should be here shortly :)

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Can you go through a cashback site for the table?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Yay to new table :D

Cough.. Ebay ;):p
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay to having £168 in the dormant accounts thats fab :beer: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    Options
    Debt Busting Month 1 Summary

Car loan : [STRIKE]£15,244[/STRIKE] £14,913
    Credit card 1:[STRIKE] £4,625[/STRIKE] £4,475
    Credit Card 2:[STRIKE] £2,700[/STRIKE] £2,550
    Credit card 3: [STRIKE]£694[/STRIKE] £203
    Kitchen Loan: [STRIKE]£1091[/STRIKE] £983

Total: [STRIKE]£24,359[/STRIKE] £23,124

Total repaid: £1,235

I am really happy with this for the first month. I have really reduced credit card 3 and hope to wipe this out completely next month.

I don't think I will be able to do this amount every month but I am going to aim for £1000 a month if possible, but I also want to make sure I am putting some into the savings accounts to cover expenses like Christmas etc.

Right then month 2, I'm ready for you!!

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    :beer: Hope there's a drink in there to celebrate! That's an amazing amount to have paid off in the first month and a new table :j:beer:
  • emmie26
    Options
    Thank you I may have a little tipple to celebrate tonight :)

debt reduced by 32%
  • jelly_head
    jelly_head Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, I hope you don't mind me popping in and saying so. That is an incredible amount to get rid of in the first month. I am hoping to be able to get rid of the debt like you have. You should be very pleased with yourself. Well done Emmie26
  • emmie26
    Options
    jelly_head wrote: »
    Wow, I hope you don't mind me popping in and saying so. That is an incredible amount to get rid of in the first month. I am hoping to be able to get rid of the debt like you have. You should be very pleased with yourself. Well done Emmie26

I've just popped over to look at your diary and you seem in a similar position to us, mindlessly spending and then suddenly realise there is more going out than coming in most months. To be honest I think my spending really was mindless because I haven't noticed massively that we are being deprived and we have even been on holiday this month :D .

Today we have been to Alton towers and spent a grand total of £3.50 on a refillable drink cup. It was £1.99 and then will be 75p everytime it's filled. I'm going to get a flask for coffees as they've stopped doing a refillable coffee cup. We all really wanted some of the fresh donuts but they were £5.75 for 5 :eek: needless to say we didn't have any, next time we are going I'm going to get 5 for £1 from Tesco and take them with us.
    We were shattered when we got back from Alton towers but I've got loads of boring housework to do so no rest yet :(

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Don't do too much, it'll still be there tomorrow ;)

Sounds like a lovely day and amazing at such a low spend!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure