Bank of Scotland terms change

Options
Good morning. I recently received a letter from bos saying that from September each of my three Vantage accounts will additionally require two dds to qualify for the interest.

I was wondering if anyone is in a similar position and already considered where best to move the money so no dds are required but just monthly transfer in?

All three vantage accounts i use have already max amount in them (5k each) and I also already use Santander 123 current account, regular saver (easy access) and nationwide current account and regular saver (also easy access).

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    PawelK wrote: »
    Good morning. I recently received a letter from bos saying that from September each of my three Vantage accounts will additionally require two dds to qualify for the interest.

I was wondering if anyone is in a similar position and already considered where best to move the money so no dds are required but just monthly transfer in?

All three vantage accounts i use have already max amount in them (5k each) and I also already use Santander 123 current account, regular saver (easy access) and nationwide current account and regular saver (also easy access).

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5463084

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5472458

Personally, I have set up DD's on my BoS accounts to fulfil the new T&C's.
  • lytton
    lytton Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep I notified MSE of this a few weeks back when I received the letter. I've simply set up two DDs to charity for a pound each. Even with £24 less per year the interest is still decent compared to the rest of the stuff available (Assuming that you already have the other top rated accounts maxed out).
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lytton wrote: »
    Yep I notified MSE of this a few weeks back when I received the letter. I've simply set up two DDs to charity for a pound each. Even with £24 less per year the interest is still decent compared to the rest of the stuff available (Assuming that you already have the other top rated accounts maxed out).

True, there is at least one option that is free if you have a search around the forum.
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    Do the DD's have to be at least £1?
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do the DD's have to be at least £1?

1 Amount of DD not specified by BOS merely 2 DDs

2 If you are going down the charity route for the donations, anything less than £1. would not be cost affective to them after they have paid the fees for collecting the DD.

3 As has been said elsewhere opening Tesco savings accounts is a good option.
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    Thanks Forever.
    I was curious as to why people often mention £1 and that explains it. I may go down the charity route in September.
  • mel48rose
    mel48rose Posts: 513 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I opened 2 tesco accounts yesterday in about ten minutes. That's my dd problem solved.
    If you change nothing, nothing will change!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure