Experian not showing credit card making my credit score near perfect!

Options
Hi there,

My husband and I want to buy a house this year and so have taken a look at our credit files. Equifax/clearscore show all as it should be with a 'good' credit score but experian do not show my barclaycard, as a result experian have shown a score 6 points off perfect. :T (it has a balance of around £1600 limit is £2k. I have stopped spending on it and am paying it off just now.)

I've emailed them to ask them to look into it but they've just replied with a copy and paste reply and a 'send us a statement and we'll look into it'.

Barclaycard is my only credit card, should I chase this with experian or should I accept my near perfect credit score and forget about it? With a view of how lenders may view my credit history.

Also think it's ironic that barclaycard offer your experian credit score as part of their service :D

Comments

• amfan
    amfan Posts: 108 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely forget about the "near perfect credit score" as you won't find a single mortgage provider that bases their decision to lend to you on the score Experian have enticed you in with. Not all lenders report to Experian.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Unfortunately those numbers mean nothing and are not seen by companies doing a search.

If you don't have your CC showing it will look like you have never had any credit and so therefore have no proof that you can manage credit - which could actually be detrimental to any applications you make.#

Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble. :o
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay!! You have a perfect score that means nothing!

Read the forums for a bit and you will realise it means diddly squat! Have a good credit HISTORY and you’ll be fine!
  • cjmillsnun
    Options
    I'm surprised that your Barclaycard is not showing on your Experian report. Barclaycard definitely use Experian, and report to them, so something is up there.

As others have said, ignore the score. It is a meaningless number.

Lenders use a process that sounds similar, but isn't.

It is called credit scoring.

What they do is they examine your credit file, what you have put on your application and any information they have from previous dealings with you.

This is done using a computer algorithm and based on the criteria, you'll either get an accept or decline.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sfm82 wrote: »
    With a view of how lenders may view my credit history.
    Any mortgage lender considering advancing you a 5-6 figure sum will be searching all 3 main CRAs, for the very reason you've already highlighted.
  • sfm82
    sfm82 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought that might be the case. I've been doing a bit of reading on the forum and having my Barclaycard on will definitely be beneficial. I've used it quite a lot which has shown up as a negative on clearscore - new baby last year I went a bit spend crazy- but have always kept within my limit and paid over the minimum on time every month. That's gotta look good to a lender!

Might call Barclaycard and see what's up before dealing with Experian.
  • cjmillsnun
    Options
    Any mortgage lender considering advancing you a 5-6 figure sum will be searching all 3 main CRAs, for the very reason you've already highlighted.

They don't though. Halifax only searched Experian in my case. Nothing shows in either Equifax or Call Credit.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjmillsnun wrote: »
    They don't though. Halifax only searched Experian in my case. Nothing shows in either Equifax or Call Credit.
    Assuming it wasn't a product switch, ie you were a new mortgage customer, did you have a current account with Halifax at the time of the mortgage application?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Apparently Halifax only report to experian for mortgages

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/credit-reference
  • cjmillsnun
    Options
    Assuming it wasn't a product switch, ie you were a new mortgage customer, did you have a current account with Halifax at the time of the mortgage application?

I was a first time buyer with no recent dealings with Lloyds Banking Group (Lloyds, Halifax BoS)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure