Do You Have a Savings Account?

Options
2»

Comments

• anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Money in my current account just stays there until a certain value, then I transfer more to the joint account.

It's not exactly a savings account; and for us, it's better to have all our funds in the one Santander 123 account until that reaches the 20K.
    So for my situation, savings accounts are pointless as the cash may as well be together.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So for my situation, savings accounts are pointless as the cash may as well be together.
    How come regular savings accounts paying twice as much as 123 are pointless?

Each can make you extra ~£50 gross interest p.a.

If you mean saving accounts used like saving 'pots', it's absolutely different matter.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Money in my current account just stays there until a certain value, then I transfer more to the joint account.

It's not exactly a savings account; and for us, it's better to have all our funds in the one Santander 123 account until that reaches the 20K.

I think many of us don't understand your original question, and you haven't responded to my earlier question:
    Why have you put savings in quotes? What sort of accounts are you referring to?

If you are trying to make a case for interest paying current accounts versus instant access savings accounts and/or versus cash ISAs, you might find a great deal of support on here. Although 123 accounts aren't the be all and end all, depending on your circumstances and your requirements.

But overall, I think we are still all a bit lost about what your question actually is, so it would help if you clarified it a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure