PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yea we had snow too. I want some sunshine and flowers now!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have snow this morning, it's too wet for it to settle though. It's horribly, grimly wet and dripping here. Oh for blue skies and a nice brisk wind to dry the garden out a bit. We're going to be way behind with planting if the rain keeps up much longer.
    I've knitted two pairs of gloves with oiled wool. Can definitely recommend it for warmth, they are far cosier than my thermal ones. And my dry skin was really helped by the lanolin in the wool when I was knitting. Am now much better prepared to face the icy morning dog walks and have put one pair in my bug out bag by the door :) Wish I could remember where I got the wool from though. Found it clearing out craft stuff.
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    Blue skies here, which usually means they'll make their way upcountry to the rest of you before too long. But it also means - frost. Bother...
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had a frost too thriftwizard. And now have sun.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Have you seen the headline, on the front of today's Daily Mail, GQ?
    :j
    :) Not especially anything I noticed, load of guff about the mix up with the Oscars, wasn't it? No idea what you are alluding to, please divulge.

Just popping in for a quick visit before going to archery club. Have to keep an eye on what the wicked of the world are up to (best look at the 'Hedge, then. ;))

thriftwizard, we have your sunshine now and very nice it is. Gonna be baltic tonight but it's worth it to see the blue skies.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Cappella we had snow last night and woke up to a heavy frost and bright sun. Still gorgeous now. Very tired today so reading along but not talking. Oiled wool you can get from Shetland and from Harris, and I think also from Iceland. I love how soft it makes your hands.
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mardatha :) I'll have a browse on t'internet and see what I can find.
    No snow left here, just puddles and more rain falling.
    I'm hibernating until the weather improves :-)
  • Si_Clist
    Si_Clist Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Oiled wool you can get from Shetland and from Harris, and I think also from Iceland. I love how soft it makes your hands.

Would that be what my old Granny called "Ab" (pronounced "ob") wool, from which she used to knit Grandad's sea-boot socks?
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    No idea what you are alluding to, please divulge.

You didn't see the headline about TV Licensing?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4262202/BBC-s-TV-licence-bullies-exposed.html

There was another substantial article today as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4265728/BBC-chief-savages-TV-licence-bullies.html

And this is the undercover video, mentioned in the articles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eL4I5F-zo
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :D Oh yeah, I saw that. Scum-sucking barstewards that they are, it's about time someone called them out.

Just been out. My kills include 5 balloons and some yellow sticker bargains. Archery plus hitting up the shops at reduction time on the way home, what's not to like?
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills