KLM flights with change were half cost of direct!

Options
Looking at flights to Portugal for May 2017 half term, we could believe we were looking at £2,500 for Easyjet from Bristol, even over £2500 from Exeter for a Flyby flight. (2 adults + 2 children).

KLM, flying Bristol to Lisbon, with a 1 hour changeover in Amsterdam, has come in at £1,000 including seats, 2 checked-in bags. Drinks & a snack are included in their prices too.

It adds an hour to the drive to our accommodation at the other end, but again: £1500 saving!!!

The saving has more than paid for the week's accommodation, and we won't feel bad buying the kids magazines & games to keep them occupied.

Once we've done it, I'll report back on whether we'd ever do it again with 2 small children :rotfl:

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    lkane0 wrote: »
    Looking at flights to Portugal for May 2017 half term, we could believe we were looking at £2,500 for Easyjet from Bristol, even over £2500 from Exeter for a Flyby flight. (2 adults + 2 children).

KLM, flying Bristol to Lisbon, with a 1 hour changeover in Amsterdam, has come in at £1,000 including seats, 2 checked-in bags. Drinks & a snack are included in their prices too.

It adds an hour to the drive to our accommodation at the other end, but again: £1500 saving!!!

The saving has more than paid for the week's accommodation, and we won't feel bad buying the kids magazines & games to keep them occupied.

Once we've done it, I'll report back on whether we'd ever do it again with 2 small children :rotfl:

I fly KLM via amsterdam quite often and have done so with 1 small child ,long haul with 2 changeovers its well worth the cost saving
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure