Inheritance Tax now in Internal Audit?

Options
Hello,

We have now sold the deceased house.The house sold for £10,000 less than the estimate we originally gave to the HMRC so had to submit a CORRECTIVE ACCOUNT (FORMS C4 AND IHT38). Some other details had changed by about a £1000 hence form C4 also. The estate is a simple house and some savings to the value of about £380,000.

Three weeks after submitting the corrective account I have been told that it has now been sent for INTERNAL AUDIT and will 'take a while'.

Has anybody had this situation themselves whilst dealing with the inheritance tax and how much longer could this take?

Thanks .

Comments

• eddyinfreehold
    Options
    Wickers

We received grant of probate on my late father's estate in late December 2016 following his death in February 2016. The house in the estate has been transferred on the Land Registry to my sister as part of an interim distribution but a large portion of the estate has been retained to allow for any corrections HMRC might make to any additional IHT liability. After 9 months we are still waiting to hear from them again and the estate business cannot be concluded and wound up. It is very frustrating.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Wickers wrote: »
    Hello,

We have now sold the deceased house.The house sold for £10,000 less than the estimate we originally gave to the HMRC so had to submit a CORRECTIVE ACCOUNT (FORMS C4 AND IHT38). Some other details had changed by about a £1000 hence form C4 also. The estate is a simple house and some savings to the value of about £380,000.

Three weeks after submitting the corrective account I have been told that it has now been sent for INTERNAL AUDIT and will 'take a while'.

Has anybody had this situation themselves whilst dealing with the inheritance tax and how much longer could this take?

Thanks .
    Nobody can tell you! HMR&C are a complete shambles. Complaining via your MP sems to be the only way to get any action.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure