Countrywide Conveyancing services review

Options

Comments

• Bubsie
    Bubsie Posts: 9 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    cahillg81 wrote: »
    Conveyancers in general are a nightmare, everything i hear through the industry about countrywide makes me cringe it's so bad and the number of folk i have been on courses with or met at network meetings who have moved from CW seem to tell a similar story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP never got a reasonable outcome.

I think that's a bit harsh. I'm a conveyancer & hate that we all get tarnished in the same way as shocking firms like Countrywide and/or Premier Property Lawyers.

I promise you - we are NOT all that reckless, irresponsible, disorganised & dishonest.
  • cahillg81
    cahillg81 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    Bubsie wrote: »
    I think that's a bit harsh. I'm a conveyancer & hate that we all get tarnished in the same way as shocking firms like Countrywide and/or Premier Property Lawyers.

I promise you - we are NOT all that reckless, irresponsible, disorganised & dishonest.

That is probably true, the same way not all CW advisors are bad.

I guess its the culture.

I've used Premier Property alot recently and they haven't been bad but I have heard horror stories as well.
    I am a Mortgage & Protection Broker

MSE doesn't check my status so you have to take my word for it. Any information posted is for discussion only and should not be seen as advice. I am FCA Registered, registration details available on request.
  • Vm242
    Vm242 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We used countrywide for a second time for their mortgage advisor services- this time round there was one minor error, but other than that our mortgage advisor has always gone above and beyond.

Sadly the seller used countrywide conveyancers and the stress caused by them was unreal. The seller wanted a 5 weeks turn around, our solictor had done everything by this point; we were ready to exchange (and our property was lease).

Countrywide were incredibly difficult to get hold of, both estate agents and our solictor never spoke to the same person.

I think the most striking difficulty was went we aimed to move by week 8 and two days before move day (waiting to exchange) the seller went into the estate agents, threatening to pull out because his solictors had not informed him or even asked him if this was suitable.

Countrywide conveyancers took 2 weeks to respond to any email/ request, we were lucky and were able to revolve minor enquiries through the estate agents.

I thought the experience of them were so bad, should we ever move again (which I don't think I could deal with the stress), if they were using such solictors, I'd rather wait and find another buyer.

What's worse, these people are registered professionals in their own right and I know if I conducted myself in such manner, there would be severe questions raised about my contamination in the professional... Not for Countrywide Conveyancers though!

Not worth the stress!
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Conveyancers must get the worst average feedback of any occupation in the Country (apart from Estate Agents or course).

For every client that is 100% happy, there is always another one frustrated with delays that are most often not down to their own conveyancing team anyway.

Coupled with the fact that the majority of the business done is carried out on extremely small profit margins, they are on a hiding to nothing.

Conveyancers are:

Working in two of the most regulated worlds in the Country (Law and Finance)
    Dealing with multiple parties
    Relying on the other side to keep pace and do their job to standard
    Relying on a mortgage lender or broker not to make mistakes
    Trying to keep costs low to complete
    Working with client that have limited experience and knowledge of the process
    Picking up risk with every case

Conveyancers don't help themselves with some of the shoddiest communication possible.

I've yet to see a major player in the market that does not find themselves with an unhappy client every day.

Even when cases are progressing at a decent pace, buyers get frustrated and angry.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "We had been told all the positive attributes of your company including the fact that you are the largest residential conveyancing business in the UK, that you are renowned for delivering great customer service and a fast turnaround."

Where on earth did you hear that?
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    I used Private Conveyancing which is part of Countrywide Conveyancing.

They were efficient until certain point when he hit the wall with vendor. I had a feeling that nothing is going on, they are not chasing vendor's solicitor enough and took matters in my own hands which I think sped up things but I can't be sure if it was my action or vendor finally decided to finalise transaction.

The fact that my solicitor or her assistant were away from office quite often was also annoying but someone else was always able to read the notes from my file and give me update.

I think if it wasn't for vendor and his issues, it would be quite good transaction and I wouldn't be so unhappy about the whole process.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    minimike2 wrote: »
    " you are renowned for delivering great customer service and a fast turnaround."

Where on earth did you hear that?

From the Countrywide Estate Agent probably
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    From the Countrywide Estate Agent probably

:rotfl:
    :T
  • JonMitchell
    JonMitchell Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Avoid "COUNTRYWIFE" like a plague!!!!! Used them many many moons ago when I was a FTB. Total disaster they were!!!!

Dealt with London & Co recently and dropped them as well, just as bad as "countrywife"! Might be just that individual idiot from L&C I met down to bad luck!
  • ELJones_2
    Options
    I used Countrywide Conveyancing Services in 2014, the Bridgend Team, and they were excellent. The best aspect was that they were easy to contact and I always ended up speaking to a human being rather than an answer machine. They were always good at explaining in plain language what was happening with the legal process. I opted to use them again in 2017 and this time due to reorganisation I'm dealing with the Cardiff Team 3. Once again they have been excellent. I think with any conveyancing solicitor if you want things to happen quickly you need to be in touch to find out what is being waited for, and who may need to be chased up, and the Estate Agents can be very helpful moving things along. Stratton Creber have been very efficient and helpful in this regard. CCS have got the process from instruction to exchange in 7 weeks, communication and clarity have been first rate, and I'm happy to recommend them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure