Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Misty you are going great guns - having yourself sorted by 'Feb/Mar' sounds amazing! I wish I could say the same of me. I feel as if I'm drowning in clutter, although I have shifted a few bags of stuff. It's just not enough though. I dread anyone just turning up out of the blue before I've had chance to hide things!!

I love the CHAOS reference EH - that sums me up perfectly!

xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Misty found your diary :j

Feeling inspired by all your lists! Need to dig out some of my cute little notebooks and get on it... maybe also list all the big jobs... thinking one a month rather than a week :rotfl: not that I'm lazy haha!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    You're more than welcome here, jvr! I was thinking about your situation this morning, I'll reply on your thread a bit later.

Thanks Smolly, I still feel I'm not getting enough done and frittering too much time away when I could be getting on with more jobs. The difference in the house in amazing though, and the outside spaces will be tackled once I feel the house is truly finished. Reading this forum has been my main inspiration, the things other people have been able to accomplish through sheer determination are amazing. It finally sunk in that I am truly the only person who can get myself out of this mess. I know I'll need to keep on top of everything and continually do mini-declutterings but I no longer have that helpless/hopeless feeling that has been hanging around for years.

I have some bits to do for work today at home and am exhausted after work last night, so probably won't even look at my list. :p

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning MMT,

You're doing fantastic with your decluttering, small steps :)

Have a great weekend xx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Our lovely clean house has been turned into a mess by Santa's elves. Everybody wants to wrap presents but no one cleans up afterwards. The floor is awash with bits of paper, screwed up tape, the scissors are lost and the ribbon has been completely used up by an overenthusiastic dd. :eek:

We have delivered the small amount of presents we had for the relatives living near by. The house is decorated and as clean as it's going to get (aside from the elf mess) so I have put away the lists for now.

The older children will be home in the next day or so. I don't know how many more Christmases we will have without others involved, we certainly will welcome any partners but it will be so lovely for it to be just us for a little while longer. After I've bought a few things tomorrow, I can start on the baking, and for me, Christmas will have begun. :xmassmile
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds fantastic Misty. All these people getting organised makes me feel inadequate. :rotfl: Our Christmas this year will involve the three of us plus my mum, dsd and then her bf plus dss. To be honest I love it when Christmas Day is just us three but that's me being purely selfish! I have to be grateful that people are happy to come. I remember not so long ago when Dad was very ill and Mum and I spent Christmas Day in hospital with him. Everyone else drove off down south to visit relatives.

Those pesky elves! I don't need elves to make a mess here. DS, the OH and a naughty pup do very well on their own. Pup walked past me the other day with something hidden in his mouth. He was trying to get past me without me noticing but when I looked he's only carrying DS's school library book. 1 minute later and that book would have been history!

Anyway Misty hope you have a lovely time when all your brood are back. Take care xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Nearly ready, the baking starts tomorrow! I expect we shall all gain a few pounds over the next week or so. :o
  • Baking? If you've any spare gingerbread please pass it over this way? I'll buy mince pies in exchange? Xx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I don't bake that often throughout the year, which is something that needs to change starting in Jan. I always bake at Xmas though, it reminds me of my dear granny letting me help in the kitchen, she was a fantastic cook and seemed to have the patience of an angel. She baked her mother's and grandmother's recipes at Xmas, her parents were from Sweden and brought their traditions with them. Using her recipes makes me feel close to her again and hopefully the traditions will continue, though none of my children have asked for any of the recipes yet. It might be different once they have children of their own...
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Hi Misty.

I'll be subscribing to your diary.

Your post about baking at Christmas time rings a bell. When we were younger and my nana was alive and well, each Christmas we would go round and make a Christmas yule log each. Sometimes we would bake our own. Other times just decorate a shop bought Swiss roll. Never the less it was all fun and Christmas always brings up that much loved and treasured memory.

My mum's been baking mince pies. I think I may make gingerbread with the boy at some point. I just need to pull my finger out and get planning.

Hope all is well and Christmas related things coming together. This is the first year we've been organised and it feels great.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts