What to do?

Options
Hello,

I have been told in confidence that the company I work for is closing in January, potentially at the end of the month, I think they are not sure when because if they tell the clients some will hold back on paying us.

Everyone is being paid off and the other members of staff will be told in due course, I have worked here the longest and have been given the opportunity to take on the clients that I work on and set up my own company, I think the feeling is by not telling the other three members of staff it wont put a dampener on Xmas or mean they could go on sick leave between now and when it happens but to be honest it has been on the cards for over a year now and prior to that subject to an attempted but failed take over.

Given the length of time I have been here, 35 years and I have a contract of three months termination on either side and also the company usually do things the correct way would I get the maximum pay out, is that £13,000 and three months salary, is that gross or net salary, how does the holiday pay work, it will only be January so I will not have many days of entitlement, can someone advise please

Ta

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    if they are going to shudown and pay out redundancy.

You have 20 weeks up to 30 if 42years old or over,

capped at £489, that should be tax free, £9,780-£14,670.

notice pay paid as PILON is most likley going to be taxed.

holidays can get paid is not taken but if the holioday year is Jan to Dec and finish is end of Jan with NY using one day that will leave 1-1.5days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure