Facebook Nightmare

Options
My wife has just changed jobs and has set up a dog walking business. She has also set up a website and a facebook page for the business.
The business page is attached to her personal profile and in order to get it publicly viewable we have to verify it (which is where the problems start).

From FB:
Please keep in mind that, in order to process your request, you must provide an official document. Examples of acceptable documents include the following:

- Utility bill for your place of business
- Local business license (issued by your city, county or state)
- Tax document for your business
- Certificate of formation (for a partnership)
- Articles of incorporation (for a corporation)

As it is a service we run from home we have no utility bills, dog walkers don't require licencing, her tax documents from last year relate to her driving school business so we have provided invoices and also a statement from the business bank account which have all been rejected. Last resort tonight will be to ask my gas provider (Zog) if I can change the account to the business name but I'm not hopeful.
So my question is can anyone suggest another way to get around this please as it is hampering her getting business which she needs to get up and running.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why not just set it up as a community page?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would they accept the Dog Insurance documents?
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    Would they accept the Dog Insurance documents?
    Dog insurance docs have been rejected but thanks
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    My wife has just changed jobs and has set up a dog walking business. She has also set up a website and a facebook page for the business.
    The business page is attached to her personal profile and in order to get it publicly viewable we have to verify it (which is where the problems start).

From FB:
    Please keep in mind that, in order to process your request, you must provide an official document. Examples of acceptable documents include the following:

- Utility bill for your place of business
    - Local business license (issued by your city, county or state)
    - Tax document for your business
    - Certificate of formation (for a partnership)
    - Articles of incorporation (for a corporation)

As it is a service we run from home we have no utility bills, dog walkers don't require licencing, her tax documents from last year relate to her driving school business so we have provided invoices and also a statement from the business bank account which have all been rejected. Last resort tonight will be to ask my gas provider (Zog) if I can change the account to the business name but I'm not hopeful.
    So my question is can anyone suggest another way to get around this please as it is hampering her getting business which she needs to get up and running.

How come you have no utility bills for your home?
    What do Zog supply?
    Your wife appears to have set up as a sole trader (else she would have Certificate of formation (for a partnership), - Articles of incorporation (for a corporation), etc)

Hence the business is her. All bills, invoices, etc will need to be in her name (even if wife's name, t/a wife's dog walking business)
  • jamesperrett
    Options
    Hmm - I set up a page for my wife's music tuition business a few months ago and don't remember anything onerous like that. I wonder if you've ticked the wrong box somewhere?
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jamesperrett - you dont have to get your page verifed, but they show more if you are!

I got mine verified but had trouble as they dont reconise UK documents, in my opinion, that is. I managed to do it by using the phone option! There should be two options available, i put in my landline, got an automated call and hey presto verified. I also did it for my second page and used the mobile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure