Thomson holidays. Who realy to complain to?

Options
We booked a holiday and paid a deposit

we asked for an extention to the final payment date as it was a late booking. This was granted by the person we called.

I tried to pay the last instalment last Saturday. I was unable as the holiday had been canceled. I rang and was told it was cancelled due to non payment. (But we had an agreed extention)

I have been chasing a refund for 4 days now. One call centre in UK says I need the manager of the India Call centre. The india call centre manager says I need uk. India are happy to look at phone recordings as we have the name of operative and time of all calls.

I tried contacting via RESOLVER to be told I need to ring the number I rang with my first complaint again as they will solve it. They tell me I need to talk to a manager etc etc I cant get to talk / email anyone.

Everyone I speak to at Thomsons says the way to solve this so I get the holiday is to re book the holiday. we already have and are simply looking for our deposit back

Who do I need to call at Thomson who has the authority to do the refund ?

Comments

• WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    Try checking your PMs.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why do you think you are due a refund? Thomson will have this logged as a cancelled holiday due to non-payment of the final balance.

If a few days grace was allowed for the balance to be paid then I would try to call Thomson Credit control to see if the booking can be reinstated and the balance paid. If however it was longer than a few days I can see why the booking might have been cancelled and progress to reinstate or get any refund will likely come down to what was said on that call.
  • Darryl_Gould
    Options
    we have re booked with them so Thomsons have not lost out. India call centre happy to help, but say as we booked on line need UK call centre. Uk call centre say we need India call centre as our extra time agreement was with them (We have call centre persons nam e and time) so going round in circles, Contacted customer services via MSE who tell us happy to help but they have no customer facing managers so we need to call the call centre and ask them to resolve this. We did this and went round the loop again.

Thomson's have not lost out as the holiday is rebooked and the hotel now full. No need to keep our deposit so they should give it back

Has anyone every taken Thomsons to small claims (Its only £800 but £800 I could do with not losing

DG
  • WAYT
    Options
    we have re booked with them so Thomsons have not lost out. India call centre happy to help, but say as we booked on line need UK call centre. Uk call centre say we need India call centre as our extra time agreement was with them (We have call centre persons nam e and time) so going round in circles, Contacted customer services via MSE who tell us happy to help but they have no customer facing managers so we need to call the call centre and ask them to resolve this. We did this and went round the loop again.

Thomson's have not lost out as the holiday is rebooked and the hotel now full. No need to keep our deposit so they should give it back

Has anyone every taken Thomsons to small claims (Its only £800 but £800 I could do with not losing

DG

Did you check your private messages as instructed?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    WAYT wrote: »
    Did you check your private messages as instructed?

Who instructed him?
  • JJG
    JJG Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Who instructed him?

He did. .
  • Duckyduck
    Duckyduck Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

DG

That's not how capitalism works.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • Darryl_Gould
    Options
    small claims were used by a Telegraph reader. They claimed that thomsons had not lost out so should not have claimed their deposit. Their hoiday destination was fully booked as is ours now.

£800 is a lot as a charge and more of a punishment amount BUT we did everything as per their instructions.

India call centre admitted it sometimes happens that notes are not recorded but said I need uk call centre, who say I need india call centre etc

Where to next ?
  • Darryl_Gould
    Options
    how does it work?
  • WAYT
    Options
    how does it work?

Depends on how you access the forum. Look to how you access your private message inbox.

It may be that you click on the icon to the left, where it is written "1".

Capture_D.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport