ppi question

Options
I received a letter from Lloyds bank, saying that they were contacting me in relation to my complaint about my Personal Overdraft Policy ( ppi) and saying they would be sending me a cheque in the next 28 days. This was a surprise to me, as i hadn't contacted them, but was obviously something my ex husband had done ( we don't talk , but it's reasonably amicable). The letter says 'total redress to you' and then an amount . Further on in the letter it says ' policy reference #### was held in joint names, as a result, the total redress will be divided equally between you and Mr ####.
I am just wondering if i will get the amount on my letter, bearing in mind it was addressed just to me, at my new address, and says they will send me a cheque , or will it be half the amount on the letter? Either is good :-)

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The amount will be split 50/50.
  • welshgasman
    welshgasman Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Well it should be the amount on the letter.
    They are just informing you that the 'actual' amount would have been double that and has been split between you and your ex.

Count yourself lucky. Previously they would have issued a cheque for the total amount in joint names to one of you, and then would work the case many times after as you sought to get your share, and that all would have delayed payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure