Livedrive Auto renewal

Options
I had a one year subscription to Livedrive (cloud storage) through a third party seller. I have come to the end of my contract and now they have auto renewed. However, they do not have any of my payment details and I was not aware of this arrangement. They have stated that there are no refunds, but I have not paid them. I have got my data, so I do not need it. Do I have to pay the invoice they have sent me or can I ignore their claims? I have actively used it for two days past the end of my contract. I think these auto renews are very unfair. I have had the situation before with insurance when there was a reminder towards the end of the contract and a cooling off period once it had renewed. This I could tolerate and I could see as potentially helpful. However, there was no reminder, warning or cooling off period.

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    How did you pay originally? They can take payment again against the same method- but only if they advised you at the inception (or reminded you nearer the renewal date) either is acceptable.

It is a common business model - you have to tell them of any cancellation before the due date. Did you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure