Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, I had to go to the supermarket yesterday morning - managed to get there before the rush, that was good - and when I recovered, there was gradual deep-cleaning going on. That will continue today, plus airing stuff.

Tried to do a bit of writing for the travel book but couldn't focus, so I did an appendix of links to the places I'd referred to, at least it was something.

Today will be more cleaning and disinfecting, though any computer work needs to be on the evacuee letters.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Can't focus on the financial admin for the life of me, so I'm focussing on blog admin :o my excuse is I had a bad sleep, and I'm off to London anyway, so I don't want to push myself :o

Uh oh. **lists** of excuses :rotfl:

It's all in line with the greater plan. I'm just putting some beans in the slow cooker, did a *lot* of weeding yesterday and I'll do more in a mo as long as it doesn't rain - ambition is to get rid of one of the self seeded lady's mantle plants (sorry SHS!) there are *so* many, to give space to plant the sage plant.

In other good news - my poor little scabious did *not* die. I love scabious, but I'm terrible at recognising the leaves, so this time, I'll repot that too

:j
    Save
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Uh oh. **lists** of excuses :rotfl:

Any list is a GOOD list!;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Don't over do it with the cleaning. I have a tiny rota just for myself think it helps to give me a focus! Good luck with the airing, lots of health benefits x
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    oh yes - agree with a rota - we have one for the kitchen & one for the bathroom - only one thing gets done a day - so minor it does not seem like cleaning...

...now the rest of the house is a whole other story...

(baby steps and all):rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Any list is a GOOD list!;)
    That's a novel way of looking at excuses for not cleaning :rotfl: much appreciated :rotfl:
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Don't over do it with the cleaning. I have a tiny rota just for myself think it helps to give me a focus! Good luck with the airing, lots of health benefits x
    Thanks earthgirl - I don't suppose either of you want to post examples of your lists on here? To give me a flavour? I'm deeply, deeply, rubbish at cleaning, I never noticed my mum doing any when I was at home (a lot went on in the kitchen I know, but after offering my help endless times and having it refused because I was slow, I used to hide in my bedroom because everywhere else was cold - I've really no clue!).

British Museum trip to see The American Dream was amazing - the kind of day out that retirement is supposed to be about :j we were hours later finishing than I thought we'd be, but it was brilliant :j

Today. Cleaning and/or weeding. I must do **one** financial admin phone call, I have to, it's getting a bit mad.
    Save
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I dont have a cleaning rota.
    I clean as & when.
    In 20 mins bursts max.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That's kind of what I do, beanie, but I refer to it as crisis management :rotfl: :o

Little bits achieved yesterday, in spite of being tired from going to London:

- two sessions of cutting back the box hedge yesterday, and I'll do another today. I'm so close to finishing! And the huge mahonia is finally exposed to sunlight nearly all the way round - its grown a bit wonky over the last 5 years, I think :o because of the hedge expanding to smother it :(

- not really an achievement, but a phone call I accepted - Post Office have retrieved that ISA money from Paragon, ie from the 3 year fix at 1.41%. I have to open an easy access today at 1.01%, which is fine and not even an isa, the woman gave me the reference so I can link up the application with the money. I have a lot of money going out on Regular Savers, as well as ordinary living expenses, and I need to get the big jobs done of replastering and whatnot, so this money is important.

- used nectar card money to go to Sainsbo, £7.50 hurray, plus popped into Waitrose and got 60p off fresh veg, which is amazing - how often does that happen, that vouchers are for fresh veg? And just as good, Sainsbo gave me high value till spits for points for stuff I actually buy :rotfl: I may stock up :D
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi KC

Glad to read that your 'problem' was none rat related!!!!

Ahhh the BM - it's been a very long time since I have been there - I would love to go again.

Take care and take it easy.

MCI x
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi KC
    :hello::hello::hello:
    Glad to read that your 'problem' was none rat related!!!!
    There's definitely an embarrassment factor :o I also wonder about my lovely pest control man having no real sense of smell, and wonder if this is the smell people talk about when they describe rats dying in the walls :eek::o
    Ahhh the BM - it's been a very long time since I have been there - I would love to go again.
    It was great! My sister was gifted a membership, so for our tea, we went to the members room, which looks down on the courtyard!
    Take care and take it easy.

MCI x
    Thanks MCI, will do - I've done astonishingly little today, except a summarising job I volunteered for on Old Style, but after I've had a cuppa tea, and phoned bruv, I'll go into the garden, it'll be cooler then.

Glad to see you a little bit :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family