Approaching my creditors after redundancy and Sainsburys Bank most unhelpful

Options
I was made redundant at Christmas from a very well paid job.

Plenty of debts but all manageable up to that point.

Done what I believed to be the correct thing by approaching my creditors BEFORE direct debits started bouncing and bank charges could exacerbate the problem.

All have been most helpful, agreeing to freeze payments and interests for various periods of time until my circumstances change.

Sainsburys however, with whom I have a credit card, flatly refused to do anything until AFTER I fall into arrears. Brilliant eh !?!

Yet to approach the utility companies. Given that that isn't a debt, what assistance might I expect if any ?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    illuminate wrote: »
    I was made redundant at Christmas from a very well paid job.

Plenty of debts but all manageable up to that point.

Done what I believed to be the correct thing by approaching my creditors BEFORE direct debits started bouncing and bank charges could exacerbate the problem.

All have been most helpful, agreeing to freeze payments and interests for various periods of time until my circumstances change.

Sainsburys however, with whom I have a credit card, flatly refused to do anything until AFTER I fall into arrears. Brilliant eh !?!

Yet to approach the utility companies. Given that that isn't a debt, what assistance might I expect if any ?
    Not sure about assistance, but ultimately utility arrears aren't that major.

What is your redundancy package
  • illuminate
    illuminate Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Redundancy = zero.

Let me go 4 days short of the required 2 years. I was fully "unioned up". They did it by the book.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Redundancy = zero.

Let me go 4 days short of the required 2 years. I was fully "unioned up". They did it by the book.
    fair enough, as long as that included correct notice.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Water can be turned quarterly.

With the energy company - I remember getting a month's payment holiday before I started a worse case repayment plan last year so should be something for you.

Paid £141 for 6 months and now received a your payment now decreasing to £83 letter so it can be sorted. Even then I remember them offering longer repayment plans and the DCA just handing me back to the energy company no trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure