IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL CCJ - Can i get a transfer of liability after CCJ, without paying for N244

Options
Good Afternoon Good People,
Been going over the various threads: Newbies, Saggis ect Not seen the specific information i need.
CEL Hell with a CCJ i have until the 27th to pay before my credits ruined for good.
Ive thought about it and was wondering is there anyway i can get a 'Transfer of liability' without paying to get the case set aside?
I knew nothing about the CCJ until the PoC was forwarded to me from a previous address by which time i had had a default judgment. Have not received the AoS pack (this may be forwarded at a later date but obviously too late).
If i pay for the the N244 £255 and withhold the driver's details it is my understanding i would have to pay the original £100. This would take me over the existing debt.
If i were to get it set aside i can't guarantee i could make the hearing due to work commitments.

Please help!
I can't imagine the christmas slow down will be in my favor.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You have been misled.

You don't name the driver for a set aside application.
  • CELSupportersClub
    Options
    Thanks for the response. After a default hearing is there anyway of dealing with the debt apart from paying for it in full or paying £255 for a set aside?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the response. After a default hearing is there anyway of dealing with the debt apart from paying for it in full or paying £255 for a set aside?

Have you read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread?
    There's a whole section of that post devoted to set asides.
    Read all the guidance linked from that set aside section too.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried google. There is government guidance on how to deal with CCJs.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Pay or contested set aside
    That’s it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    or paying £255 for a set aside?

You know you do get the Court fee back if you win, right? Sometimes immediately, sometimes the costs are held over for the main hearing of the ticket.

So the question you need to ask yourself, seeing as you have assistance from the country's most powerful PPC forum is "Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options

Success at getting this set aside isn't guaranteed.

If your main concern is removing this from the register and your credit record (which will already have it entered) then do bear in mind your set aside application will take some time to reach a hearing during which any enquiry will show this on your record.

(Your op does indicate some concern over your credit status,)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fair points. Like all cases it depends on exact circumstances as to why papers ended up at the wrong address. Some cases are nailed on for set aside, some are more shaky.
  • CELSupportersClub
    Options
    Yeah thanks for the replys guys! I want to fight this as the more i've looked into this the more i can see how easy it is fro them to scam victims. My concerns are:
    *Waiting to hear if it will be set aside and going over the cut off to settle the debt.
    *Having it set aside only to end up paying the debt if i loose. With obvious additional costs.
    *Being given a court date i can't attend.

The last know address as per DVLA at the time forwards my mail on to me. It can be very slow but will always get to me. I have only ever received PoC.
    Timeline:
    15.1.17 alleged offence - No PCN received.
    16.10.17 Claimform sent out (according to CCBC) - Not received, possible delay.
    27.10.17 Date on envelope frank - PoC - Date: (You've guessed it) 11.10.17
    23.11.17 Date i received the forwarded PoC as detailed above.

It's for a KFC carpark which if true, would not of been me driving.
  • CELSupportersClub
    Options
    And yes sorry i have been all through the Newbies, Saggs, debt advice, government action on debt pages. Got tunnel vision though and would appreciate some perspective. If i decide to go forward i've bookmarked some decent templates from previous threads.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure