Miss sold mobile phone insurance

Options
Hi I'm looking for any advice. In 2012 I got a mobile phone on contact from o2 I got it insured and let my partner have the new phone as I already had a decent phone I informed o2 of this and they insured me for £20 pm 18 months later my partner had the mobile stolen so I contacted the insurance who said "as the sim on the contract was never in the phone I wasn't covered" me being hot headed had a few choice words to say on the matter and closed all connections with o2 to stop them taking any more money. Now lowell finance have been in touch the past six months demanding £492 to make this claim go away I notified the of what happened and was told it doesn't matter I owe them. What I have said is I will pay the end of the contract minus the £360 insurance I paid off the original £492 but then I received the ccj letter and now it's £792. What if anything is my options available for me with this matter????? Tia dave

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To pay the full amount before it goes up any more.

Once they have gained the CCJ, you have 30 days to pay it to keep it off your credit files.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As above, you have no options.

A ccj will trash your credit for 6 years....
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    You weren't mis-sold the insurance; you failed to comply with the terms.

You have no grounds to refuse to pay the costs. You entered into a contract with them and you therefore have to honour that contract.

Pay the money or get the CCJ on your credit file and struggle from here-on.
  • davelloydc81
    Options
    Thanks for the advice just wish I had mse when I taken the contract out in the first place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure