Getting from A2B

Options

Comments

• Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Miss_Piggy wrote: »
    Diary??? What diary?????

**creeps off slowly**

... I subscribed to it. It was a good diary, sort of Indiana Jones meets the muppets, very exciting!!! and dear piglet could have had a starring role....
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• MrsAudus2b
    Options
    Thursday 5th February

Have done the grocery shop today and spent £5 under budget (£45 in total) I thought about what Fay had said about having a 'treat' budget for OH - certainly helped so thank you fay! It have been £10 cheaper if I hadn't got a bottle of wine and some eye cream (I look old and hagged and I'm only 24!) So that gives me encouargement that I can knock the grocery budget down thus putting more towards our debts! :j

On the downside, I'm feeling :mad: at the moment with our best man. Long story and I don't want to bore people (if anyone is reading this) but to sum up:
    *OH's best mate for years - lives in OH old town (altough he did live here for a year)
    *Been with his girlfriend for 7 months and the reason he moved back
    *Won't go anywhere without her
    *Dosen't seem a bit interested in sorting out stag weekend
    *Send me an really a***y message when I text him earlier suggesting he come over soon on his own for suit fittings, a lads night in with OH
    *Bascially won't do anything with his girlfriend...and as she is the controlling type and hates the idea of him going away for 2 nights for a stag weekend, I can see trouble ahead :(

Sorry to blurt all this out - will get back on track soon, I promise! Just feel really let down and upset for OH - he has done so much for his mate and really misses him and gets upset with hisl ack of communication.

To cheer myself up I will post a wedding list tomorrow - thimgs I have done and things to do! Excatly7 months to go..can't believe it!

xxx
    Joint debt with OH at LBM Sept 08 (excluding mortgage & student loan) - £34,069 :eek:

Getting married 05/09/09 :love:

To lose for the big day (lb) 2/51
  • Miss_Piggy_2
    Miss_Piggy_2 Posts: 3,631 Forumite
    Options
    Looking forward to the Wedding "to do / done" list. If its any help, blue really suits my colouring ;)

Don't panic too much over the best man. Am sure he will be where you need him, when you need him. And if he isn't then make the difficult decision to change best mans. You want someone reliable. My OH chose MY brother as is best man instead of his own brother for exactly that reason!

And I bet you don't look haggard at all. If you want to see haggard you should see me at 7 in the morning !:rotfl:

Miss P
    xx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • MrsAudus2b
    Options
    Oh Miss Piggy, you are an absolute love. I actually feel like crying with frustration but, if I am being honest, a lot of that is probably to do with worry about 'only 7 months to go, there is so much to do' Perhaps I'm focusing all that worry and stress on the best man and his apparent lack of interest.

I really need to chill more!

Thanks for posting, really appreciate...now....how can I change the colour theme to fit in with Miss Piggy's colouring...? :rotfl:

xx
    Joint debt with OH at LBM Sept 08 (excluding mortgage & student loan) - £34,069 :eek:

• Piquant_2
    Options
    You do need to chill. The wedding will still happen regardless. Miss P's advice is good. Swap best men, I'm available for any leftover men...

Now the Captain looks good in red, not sure he won't eat your bouquet though!

• MrsAudus2b
    Options
    As always, the magnificant Piq has spoken!

Oooh, the Captain in red, how very dashing! Can my tortoise ride on his back?

I'm sure MSE bridesmaids get the first pick of leftover men...shall I order some leftovers especially?

xx

• Pippilongstocking
    Options
    MrsAudus2b wrote: »
    Thursday 5th February

Have done the grocery shop today and spent £5 under budget (£45 in total) I thought about what Fay had said about having a 'treat' budget for OH - certainly helped so thank you fay! It have been £10 cheaper if I hadn't got a bottle of wine and some eye cream (I look old and hagged and I'm only 24!) So that gives me encouargement that I can knock the grocery budget down thus putting more towards our debts! :j

On the downside, I'm feeling :mad: at the moment with our best man. Long story and I don't want to bore people (if anyone is reading this) but to sum up:
    *OH's best mate for years - lives in OH old town (altough he did live here for a year)
    *Been with his girlfriend for 7 months and the reason he moved back
    *Won't go anywhere without her
    *Dosen't seem a bit interested in sorting out stag weekend
    *Send me an really a***y message when I text him earlier suggesting he come over soon on his own for suit fittings, a lads night in with OH
    *Bascially won't do anything with his girlfriend...and as she is the controlling type and hates the idea of him going away for 2 nights for a stag weekend, I can see trouble ahead :(

Sorry to blurt all this out - will get back on track soon, I promise! Just feel really let down and upset for OH - he has done so much for his mate and really misses him and gets upset with hisl ack of communication.

To cheer myself up I will post a wedding list tomorrow - thimgs I have done and things to do! Excatly7 months to go..can't believe it!

xxx

Hey there - sending a hug - these guys are right you know - try not to stress so much.

How about inviting the pair of them round and charming (?) the GF of the BM a bit - maybe when she relaxes a bit she will let the guys get on with their own thing - and the BM - who is clearly very taken with GF right now might warm up and start behaving like a proper BM with your interest in the GF??

Then again I talk bleeep most of the time.:cool:

6 and a bit years - I haven't managed to get my OH to even do up his house, never mind set a wedding date.....so I am not very good at this.......

Glad the treats thing was given a go.............

Edit: On second thoughts - can't you invite them round and we will sort out the GF?? Duct tape and pan pipe music should have her compiant in say a couple of hours??
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    :rotfl: at Piq's image of a fire breathing dragon!

Thanks Miss Piggy - lovely words and great encouragement

KTJazz- :j for joining in and of course you will be another of my MSE bridesmaids... and we'll have a little piglet in tow too! Yay! Just need andan and fay on board now!

So, hmmm, bridemaid dresses! Well....obviously they will have to be MSE ones...perhaps with sashes stating our DFW dates? And stripy socks will be the obvious theme...perhaps wearing some as a pair of gloves as well as socks. And lots of glitter for sparkles! Too tacky? :rotfl:

Love to all, great to come back to lots of posts
    xxx

PS: Miss Piggy...where is that diary?! xx

Just caught up on most of this I think:rotfl:

As we are virtual bridesmaids - shocking thought here - do we need *clothes*? I have nothing against sashes - or stripey socks - but do we really need them I am wondering? Or can we go the other way and make up something utterly extravagent?
    ........and what was that about a Miss P diary????
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Piquant_2
    Options
    As always, the magnificant Piq has spoken!

Oooh, the Captain in red, how very dashing! Can my tortoise ride on his back?

I'm sure MSE bridesmaids get the first pick of leftover men...shall I order some leftovers especially?

xx

Of course the tortoise can ride on his back, Captain isn't very responsible and may lose him...

• MrsAudus2b
    Options
    Hmmm, having just read your hunting story, I think my little baby might not be in the safest hands after all! Can't have him getting thrown in the mud...I'd never find him again!

xx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family