Options
13»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bxboards wrote: »
    No, you are confusing dispatch with delivery.

As long as the MyHermes tracking numbers are entered into the system before the dispatch date (ie sold date + working days stated in listing to send) this would not happen.

Are you sure about this as there is some confusion about this in the seller boards. We are not assessed on dispatch time (despite what eBay tell us) but on when item is delivered and if tracking shows item was late then we get a late. Up to now eBay have recognised that RM don't upload quickly enough on delivery and will manually remove any lates where dispatch time can be proved if a seller phones up to complain, but this concesssion is about to be removed.

I have a late on a shutl item that went one day early but seemed to stick in the MyHermes system for no apparent reason that item was sent a day earlier than I had stated That was on my private account though and when I phoned to have the late removed eBay would not remove it as tracking showed item arriving a day past the last estimated delivery time.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Are you sure about this as there is some confusion about this in the seller boards. We are not assessed on dispatch time (despite what eBay tell us) but on when item is delivered and if tracking shows item was late then we get a late.

Yes, absolutely sure. Ebay needs to see a scan showing carrier acceptance, and provided that scan is in the system, then there is no late issue.

There was an issue with Roysl Mail, and Ebay removed this, but that was a specific issue with Royal Mail tracking.

However this was just a Royal Mail issue, and not a general issue and certainl not with MyHermes.

We are not assessed on delivery time, unless tracking shows it dispatched late. That is the key here.

A lot of people seem to confuse 'dispatch' with 'delivery' time.

I don't read the seller boards as people seem to be clueless and you get an echo chamber affect of mis-information, even the Ebay reps. can and do talk absolute rubbish.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Very inappropriate of you as Soolin is the moderator on these boards and I have found her comments to be very sound!

Anyway My Hermes again havenot collected my parcels and the site wont let me cancel and gt a refund so another email to the CEO etc.

Back to Royal Mail methinks.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2017 at 5:07PM
    Options
    You can still drop them off at your local My Hermes Parcel Shop. Won't help you with your complaint but at least they will be on their way. If you want to cancel now you have to e-mail them. It takes a week or so, guessing so they can check you haven't got a refund and sent them anyway. You can only cancel through website if it is same day you buy. It still takes a week to process
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like your problem is with the delivery driver, no courier can have 100% reliable staff, there are always some who let everyone down. But saying that, who knows, they may have been taken ill, gone on holiday and relief driver failed to deliver, or no longer work for Myhermes and parcel is in limbo. Live chat have access to full tracking which is very different to online tracking, online tracking by the way is different to the tracking shown in 'MyEbay' so worth checking those two out first to compare. The only time I have delivery problems with Myhermes is to flats or complexes, drivers just do not like to deliver to them, mostly due to buyers failing to give site access details, etc. Have you google earthed your delivery address to make sure it is a 'house'. I had an address that sounded like a regular house, turned out it was above a shop with restricted access, and buyer failed to mention any of this!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    November2 wrote: »
    Sounds like your problem is with the delivery driver, no courier can have 100% reliable staff, there are always some who let everyone down. But saying that, who knows, they may have been taken ill, gone on holiday and relief driver failed to deliver, or no longer work for Myhermes and parcel is in limbo. Live chat have access to full tracking which is very different to online tracking, online tracking by the way is different to the tracking shown in 'MyEbay' so worth checking those two out first to compare. The only time I have delivery problems with Myhermes is to flats or complexes, drivers just do not like to deliver to them, mostly due to buyers failing to give site access details, etc. Have you google earthed your delivery address to make sure it is a 'house'. I had an address that sounded like a regular house, turned out it was above a shop with restricted access, and buyer failed to mention any of this!

In my case both parcels lost so far have been coming to me, and MyHermes have now taken the details 4 or 5 times and just don't get back to me except to once again ask for my address. One sender (a shop) has already paid out on the first parcel and we haven't so far worked out who sent the second parcel as a few sellers that I and my sons used recently have not stated the courier. We have narrowed it down to three possible items now and all sellers have been contacted to ask if they used MyHermes.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure