Opinion on this please

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    barbiedoll wrote: »
    To be fair to OP's friend, when baby clothes are bought and given as presents, they are almost always given with the hangers. Tiny hangers for baby clothes are useless for anything else. Of course, the seller may be passing off fake items as designer clothes and is using the labelled hanger to give the items a more authentic look. Or she could just be saving postage by folding the clothes into a smaller parcel than she would otherwise be able to if the hanger was included.

All of which is irrelevant to OP's friend, who wanted to give designer baby clothes as a gift but didn't necessarily want anyone to know that she had got them second-hand from ebay. Ooops! ;)

Now we've gone from a lazy buyer who didn't bother asking a question to a fraudulent seller.

All for a coat hanger. Words fail me.
  • KRDmum
    KRDmum Posts: 555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I occasionally use a sheep skin or something similar as a background for small items. I better start putting into listings that it's not included in a sale :rotfl:
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Buyer is being petty and snobbish, would they still want the hanger if it said George by Asda on it?
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    Buyer is being petty and snobbish, would they still want the hanger if it said George by Asda on it?

By George, I didn't think of that
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Should I mention the 20p coin and tape measure that we photograph next to the item for sizing? There was a similar thread some time ago.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kalsha wrote: »
    Should I mention the 20p coin and tape measure that we photograph next to the item for sizing? There was a similar thread some time ago.

I was only buying the item because of the FREE 20p and tape measure.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kalsha wrote: »
    sportsarb wrote: »
    I was only buying the item because of the FREE 20p and tape measure.

Give me a mo- I'm just editing out all the 20p coins and tape measures from my photos. Seriously though- I actually changed from using a 20p coin to a 1p coin after *that* thread on here- it was either that or I was going to have to add a note to my listings saying 'coin not included and for size purposes only'.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jasmineswhiskers
    Options
    No hangers, what were they supposed to hang it on to photograph it, a sky hook? :O

I think everyone is being a little harsh on this one. Obviously tape measures and 20p pieces arent included with items - they never came with the item originally. The coat hanger probably did if it is the same brand as the clothing. Buy a baby set from a high street store eg boots and the hanger is part of the set. This was BNWT so i agree that the hanger should have been included. Maybe the seller will now use blank hangers or just lay the items out. But at the end of the day if its for a gift the recipient would probably never know that the hanger ever even existed.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    I think everyone is being a little harsh on this one. Obviously tape measures and 20p pieces arent included with items - they never came with the item originally.

I do know where you are coming from and I have at least some sympathy, but one always has to bear the marketplace in mind when doing shopping. On eBay, that means ; Don't shop by pictures. Read the description carefully. If unsure about anything, contact the seller.

I'm sure even eBay themselves wish it wasn't this way, but when you're dealing with untrained members of the public advertising goods, each in a slightly different way to one another, this is the best consumer advice I can give.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • jasmineswhiskers
    Options
    Its always a learning curve - theres no accounting for how people interpret things differently. And when you get the questions where the answer is in the description *sigh*. Still love it though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure