IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Ticket whilst parked outside a friends house visiting, do i pay?

Options

Comments

• infernouk
    infernouk Posts: 166 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 12:40PM
    Options
    primarily it seems odd to me they would state that taking a permit was the same as signing a contract, and then reference the sign as a contract despite previously saying in the statement that the wording on the sign isnt of importance, hence they are arguing that you dont need to sign a contract and its wording isnt important???
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    #4 So what? The defendant is perfectly entitled to seek support from anywhere they like! Everything PCM/Gladstones have done to date have been templates. Even the court claim was a robo-claim.
  • DoaM
    Options
    infernouk wrote: »
    primarily it seems odd to me they would state that taking a permit was the same as signing a contract, and then reference the sign as a contract despite previously saying in the statement that the wording on the sign isnt of importance, hence they are arguing that you dont need to sign a contract and its wording isnt important???

This blog from Pranky may be useful. :)

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/ukpc-lose-residential-case-tenant-can.html
  • infernouk
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »

so i shouldn't be worried? it seemed quite aggressive, and yes very templated ironically! (its surely different for a non legal professional to seek internet help than a law firm ha!)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's the same as all the other Witness Statements written by Gladstones recently, have a look round, they are a template. In this one, they even left in stuff about 'Heath Parade' (a PCM site) in a WS signed by a completely different parking firm saying it was a statement of truth within her personal knowledge:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5510516&page=2

I did have a chuckle about how the witness (in that linked case) was going to explain the football analogy in Alder v Moore (and I speak as a female football fan, not suggesting all women are clueless about the beautiful game, but suggesting that the case makes no real sense in this context and would be funny to see a witness wriggle around trying to explain something they didn't write!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DoaM
    Options
    Other's will be able to confirm whether or not you still can, but you should look to try and include that case reference into your defence somehow as it seems (to me) to be directly relevant to your case.
  • infernouk
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's the same as all the other Witness Statements written by Gladstones recently, have a look round, they are a template. In this one, they even left in stuff about 'Heath Parade' (a PCM site) in a WS signed by a completely different parking firm saying it was a statement of truth within her personal knowledge:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5510516&page=2

I did have a chuckle about how the witness (in that linked case) was going to explain the football analogy in Alder v Moore (and I speak as a female football fan, not suggesting all women are clueless about the beautiful game, but suggesting that the case makes no real sense in this context and would be funny to see a witness wriggle around trying to explain something they didn't write!).

too be fair the football thing threw me as i thought they accidentally copy pasted it from a different case until i read on!

So is there any specific changes I need to make in combat to this for my own statement? or do i just follow what was set out in my defence despite their attempts to debunk it? Im a bit more nervous having actually seen some substantial content from them now rather than the bare minimum!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Have a look at the efforts made by Matthew87 in his thread, his OneDrive still shows his method of attack (including the matter of Rights of Audience, to ambush the rep on the day).
  • infernouk
    edited 15 July 2017 at 4:45PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Have a look at the efforts made by Matthew87 in his thread, his OneDrive still shows his method of attack (including the matter of Rights of Audience, to ambush the rep on the day).

Hey there

I have written my statement, but unsure the best way to share it? at this stage am i able to post a fully non redacted version with my evidences online? As i assume i have to share it to Gladstone regardless?

if so here is the statement along with the agreement and 2 other statements:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/me8kyef9w43msk6/AAD3cYJ2CjRrdYdVbpS-QP7Ua?dl=0
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    As i assume i have to share it to Gladstone regardless?

Yes, everything goes to Gladstones & the court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure