Options
2»

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    rockstar44 wrote: »
    I didn't request any information from MBNA! I realised it had been on my statements but had no recollection of agreeing to it! I sent one letter explaining why I thought it had been mis-sold (good terms & conditions at work I didn't need it!) along with the FOS Questionaire, I had 2 letters saying they were looking into it and then a letter to say they were sending a cheque for £3923.82! I haven't had the cheque yet mind you! :(
    :j:j Well done and congrats :T:T
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant for you. Well done.
  • WelshDragon71
    Options
    Well I sent off the consumer questionanaire with as much detail as I could remember and after a couple of "We're looking into it" letters I got confirmation of a payout of £511.92. Initially happy, then I thought "hang on" I've had that account for years, so I manually checked my PPI charges and give or take a few quid since 2003 I have paid over £480 (the payout letter states I've paid £476.44). So clearly MBNA are not paying back what I paid before 2003. Is that the limit time of payouts, or should I continue to manually calculate my PPI charges earlier than 2003 (still got many statements to check) and then complain to the Ombudsman?
  • WelshDragon71
    Options
    Can anyone answer the question I asked above?
  • biondani
    Options
    The only people that can answer that are MBNA. I know they are paying out on accounts before that date as my account was closed around 1997 and I got my PPI premiums back plus the 8%. I would recommend giving them a call to ask.

Ian
  • LynK_3
    LynK_3 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone answer the question I asked above?

I had an old A&L card, later transferred to MBNA, I had my claim successfully upheld by MBNA, but I am currently trying to reclaim with Santander from before it was transferred to MBNA, I have supplied Santander with all the details including the figures from MBNA.

To date I have had absolutely no joy with Santander, they have lost letters I sent, not logged phone calls, refused me a SAR twice, so I resorted to emailing the CEO. I am awaiting a response.

Good Luck
  • WelshDragon71
    Options
    Thanks both, I'll progess this further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business