badtzmaru's saving diary | not stopping until I move out :)

Options
Hi everyone,

A little about me, I am a British Born Chinese aged 27, turning 28 this year, live in North Wales and have currently saved up £16,050. I also have around £2,000 worth of red pocket which I am not touching no matter what. Even though I live with my parents at the moment, the amount I saved up is not a lot really.

I work in a restaurant (family business) every single day so I have no time to socialize, therefore not much outgoings and it was opened 2 years ago but the amount of money my parents and I spent to buy the place was a lot. I helped pay £15,000 (all that I had at the time) and was essentially broke until the place was opened. My wages vary depending how busy the week goes, I don't get much since a lot is paying back our family's. I didn't start to save until last year but I also sold quite a few things on eBay over the time.

I have no student debt at all because I traveled back home everyday back in uni and I don't even have a credit card since I get paid weekly in cash. We do owe debt to several of our family's that we have borrowed money from and according to my plan, it will all be paid off by the end of this year... yay!

I live on top of our restaurant at the moment but hoping to move out before I hit 30. My aim is to have at least 20% deposit by the time I am ready to move out (hopefully a GF by then too but I doubt it since there is very little to no Chinese people around here). I think first thing I need to do is apply for a credit card, right? I want to move into a detached house so it's gonna cost around £200,000-£230,000. I also want to buy a car (BMW series 3 2009 onwards) around that time since the area I'm looking at is around 25 mins drive away from the restaurant and I drive my dad's car at the moment.

This is my current plan anyway and I really hope I can achieve it. Like I said in the title, I shall keep posting my progress until I move out one day and become independent :)

Comments

• leonmcgann
    leonmcgann Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    You have high hopes! But best of luck in the saving and maybe finding a girlfriend!
  • badtzmaru
    Options
    Hi leonmcgann, thanks for your encouragement! I am doing my best, I tried online dating but just one problem, everyone is just too far from me :( Got paid on Sunday (I get paid every Sunday) of £510.00 and it was the best week of the year so far :) I spent £13.50 on a dental appointment checkup and thankfully, nothing wrong and £500.00 went into my savings account. I also bought £3,000 shares with RBS years ago but I'm losing a lot of money at the moment so just gonna wait it out.

I now have a total of £16,550.00 so far. I been so busy and haven't had a day off since mid June and I work 12-14 hour shifts each day so I don't have any time to update here as much as I would like to. I'm getting paid tomorrow so hopefully I can make it to £17,000.00 this week...we'll see.

After summer I will be selling most of my sealed rare games that I collected over the years dating back to PS2 so hopefully I can get another £1,000 from eBay by the end of the year. I am on target of at £20,000.00 by the end of this year, maybe more and that's not including my collection of red pockets :)
  • badtzmaru
    Options
    Wow it's been nearly 3 weeks since I updated, been too busy. Since the last time I updated, I have added £650.00 which brings my total to £17,200.00. Getting their slowly but surely! Still no luck with meeting up with anyone though :(
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, that's some going on the savings.

Really, you never know when the right girl will come along, but yes, it can't be easy when you work the hours you do.
  • Emperor2014
    Options
    Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills