"Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim

Options

Comments

• botkin
    botkin Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    tgroom57 wrote: »
    I don't know, best ask on their facebook page (Club Creative).

stamped SAE = stamped self-addressed envelope ie an envelope addressed to you complete with new postage stamp, so they can post you the claim number.

Says on the back of mine 'keep your card safe', so I file the gamecard where I won't lose it or forget it in the next month. I only send them my card when I've filled in the claim number on the back. Not yet.
    I don't know about this 'loosely stamp' - my card doesn't say that at all. :o

All the above is only my interpretation - for definitive explanation of terms & conditions please refer to Club Creative facebook page. They love interacting with you, it improves their Google ranking.

Hi tgroom57,

There is something I don't understand about the instructions. If you don't send the card to PC, how do they know what your claim code should be? I know it says to keep your card safe, which implies you shouldn't send it until you've got your claim code. That makes sense, but it's the writing to them when they don't know what symbols you have in expectation of a claim code that I don't get.
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 August 2014 at 7:59AM
    Options
    botkin wrote: »
    Hi tgroom57,
    There is something I don't understand about the instructions. If you don't send the card to PC, how do they know what your claim code should be? I know it says to keep your card safe, which implies you shouldn't send it until you've got your claim code. That makes sense, but it's the writing to them when they don't know what symbols you have in expectation of a claim code that I don't get.

I never know how much detail to put in these posts, and mostly I'm afraid I put too much detail! I must stress you do whatever your card says. This is what mine says-.

My card is a M640. Halfway through the terms & conditions mine reads-
    "To enter by post write to Dept PCN M640 at address below, enclosing stamped sae, ..."

The card number is part of the address. To be on the safe side I write "Please send prize list for card M640" (or whatever number card I have) on a slip of paper or inside the flap of the sae.

But do read your card carefully because some cards are different, at least in sending a loose stamp.
    Good luck I hope you have a nice prize ! :)
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I always write a note saying which card I have and which matching symbols are on there.
  • Deonne92
    Deonne92 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 August 2014 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Hello does anybody know what the prizes are 31/12/14 scratch card?? The M634
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Deonne92 wrote: »
    Hello does anybody know what the prizes are 31/12/14 scratch card?? The M634

Have a look on the previous pages, this has been posted already!
  • Scorpiomarie
    Options
    Hi, is M640S2 the same as the M640 card? On M640S2 I have 3 kangaroos and 2 cherrys, what would be my prize for this card please? Thank you x
    :coffee:
  • some_time_soon
    Options
    I recently had card M639 on which I won £15.00. I followed all the instructions, received my slip and sent the card off. Today two weeks late ie 56 days later I have received a cheque for 56p and a letter asking me to email and confirm

First Name
    Surname
    Address
    Post code
    Amount Claimed

I presume this is just another hoop for me to jump through and that they want an email address to sell.

Does anyone have any experience of this or help/advice please?
    TIA
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    You are correct it's another hoop to jump through,

I've had to go through this stage every time I have claimed. Always gotten my cheque.

You can always put "NA" under email, leave it blank, or set up a short hotmail address for freebies/comps.

:)
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agree entirely. At the end of my email confirmation I put
    This email address not to be used for marketing.

I haven't noticed a great flood of spam yet.

*** NB anyone with cards ending September should be getting a move on owing to it taking 28 days for you getting a claim number.
  • bobblecat
    Options
    Hi has anyone got the lists for M641 and M643?

If so I would be eternally grateful; already got scammed out of a tenner by these people but googled it, got to MSE and stopped it happening again lol.

Just want to give them grief now by continually playing using the postal route :P That'll teach em'!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure