Vanquis we need more info.

Options
Thinking of a Vanquis card.
Didn't go ahead with full application as eligibility checker advised- I have a chance-we need to collect more info-that’s when I stopped.
Any mser’s have success or decline experiences with Vanquis.
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's a referral. Let them go ahead - it's normally ID checks.

If you're accepted, make sure you know how to use it properly.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a referral. Let them go ahead - it's normally ID checks.

If you're accepted, make sure you know how to use it properly.

I thought it was a referral-though possibly more than i.d. Checks.
    I’ll re consider this evening,thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    if you can't get or are worrying about being accepted for a vanquis card you have bigger issues
  • Dandytf
    Options
    tastyhog wrote: »
    if you can't get or are worrying about being accepted for a vanquis card you have bigger issues

Thanks I think I’ll revisit eligibility checker from 2018.
    I need to concentrate on existing cards 1st.
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Depends on so many factors, but if it helps I recently applied for a Barclaycard and they did this, having ha a few discussions with them afterwards it essentially means they're getting a human being to look at the application. That's no bad thing if your adverse credit is the exeption rather than the rule. One would think if your adverse credit is really bad on your credit files it'd be an outright decline.

That's guesswork, but not necessarily a bad thing. I got a Vanquis card yet was declined elsewhere. Now got a Barclaycard after 7 months of using Vanquis.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Since got a chrome increase via text message
    Limit increased from 1kto2k
    No immediate need for a new Vanquis card.
    Think I’ll continue to hopefully slowly improve credit rating during 2018 and maybe I’ll be eligible for a low balance transfer card.
    Thanks mser’s for the Vanquis app reply’s .
  • If you have a Chrome Card then you can't get a Vanquis Card since they're from the same lender.

I'm pretty sure they don't allow you to have multiple cards, even the different brands
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yea, as Gary says that's my experience too. It usually gives you a straight decline message though (You already hold a card, or you've recently closed one, blah blah blah).

Surprised you even got the referred message in the first place!
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Yea, as Gary says that's my experience too. It usually gives you a straight decline message though (You already hold a card, or you've recently closed one, blah blah blah).

Surprised you even got the referred message in the first place!

Agree though why Vanquis insist sending this e-mail when I get the referral message
    Please find attached a copy of the Vanquis Credit Card Pre-Contract Credit Information and Credit Card Agreement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure