PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 17th June 2014

Options

Comments

• hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Haven't been on lately as I decided to come off the chemo after 10 days. It was terrible. I had every side effect going including nose bleeds which I have never had before.

Coming off has been just as bad, only now after 8 days I am beginning to feel a little better, stopped being sick and having "the runs" so onwards and upwards.:T
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hilstep, sorry to hear you aren't able to continue the treatment.

Late start for me, I'm feeling quite muzzy today.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just popping back to send hugs to Hilly xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,590 Forumite
    Options
    Whoops, didn't mean to post then, I must have pressed enter by mistake.

DD is feeling better at last, she's had a real week of it, being plagued by headaches over the weekend. The dentist hit a facial nerve when he injected her which made her unable to close her eyelid until it wore off so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

I feel a bit brain dead this morning so I shall go.

Have a good day.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Hilly - Sorry to hear how ill you have been. Bit of a bummer eh? Have a (((hug))). Hope you keep feeling better.

It's brightening up a bit now, I thought it was chilly first thing. Towels out on the line.
    Not much planned for today. Off to see dad for coffee in a bit. I need to book DS2's theory test later. I have told him he needs to just learn it all and not expect to have been born with the knowledge!

My little car is getting a bit rusty now and DH keeps telling me it won't pass another MOT easily so I have been looking at other cars. I can't believe how expensive they are and I just can't warrant paying thousands on something that depreciates so much!

Anyway, curry most likely for dinner tonight.
    Have a good day :)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    It was cloudy and overcast this morning, but it has brightened up and I have been fervently washing everything. Two more loads to do and I am up to date, if it is like this tomorrow I will get all the bedding done. DD has been a great help because she has a couple of days off this week, so she does any ironing and hanging the washing out for me. Ds is at college today, but he is a good little helper as well.

Hilly I am sorry that the chemo was so rough on you, can't they use another drug? ((((((((Hugs)))))))

Plans for this afternoon are to get some bread made and potter in the garden.

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hilstep, sorry you weren't able to continue the treatment. :(
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

I've had a busy morning running errands. My youngest has finally applied for his driving licence. Once it arrives we shall book some lessons.
    I've been ordering a large crochet hook and some wool as I've seen a blanket I want to make for the new baby.
    hilly sorry your having a tough time hope it improves soon.
    busiscoming our work car is due MOT will be amazed if it passes, it's done nearly 200,000 miles.
    snoozer glad DD is feeling better. jackieo glad your dd is feeling better
    dumpling hope DD feels better
    Tru told my dh about your garlic as we use loads and he is definitely going to grow some along with all the onions we already grow
    Judi, Islandmaid I was mum of the groom last year in Australia, you may remember. Don't panic, I'm sure you will both look gorgeous, I eventually bought a dress of eBay as I wanted a particular make (Phase 8) and it was much cheaper, even better I sold it when I came back and almost made my money back:D very MSE I knew I wouldn't wear it again.
    redruby feel better soon x summer colds are awful

Sorry if I've missed anyone. I'm off to make a chilli as I have my weigh in tonight and everyone can help themselves, dd and DGS are back for the night.
    Anyway better get on, have a good afternoon Julie x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi, Islandmaid I was mum of the groom last year in Australia, you may remember. Don't panic, I'm sure you will both look gorgeous, I eventually bought a dress of eBay as I wanted a particular make (Phase 8) and it was much cheaper, even better I sold it when I came back and almost made my money back:D very MSE I knew I wouldn't wear it again.
    That's it, its not that I will be wearing it again. I was looking at a particular make myself (Jacques Vert) but theres nothing on the website that's really me. Maybe i'll look on Ebay closer to the time. I don't really want to pay a fortune on something that i'll never wear again or that will get sticky finger marks on (I shall probably be looking after my Grandson whilst Mommy and Daddy mingle).

Oh well, vacuuming done, carpets cleaned downstairs. Cant face bathing the dogs. I'll do them tomorrow.

Lasagne for tea. Something easy and quick (out of the freezer).
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Judi I was Mother of the Bride three years ago. I had a Condici dress and jacket, Jacques Vert Hat, shoes and bag, whole lot cost me £60 on Ebay!
    BB The drug I was on is specifically for Adrenal cancer, but it was awful. I'm taking my chances. God will decide when I have to go.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure