Pens for writing on glass permanently

Options
Can anyone recommend a pen that I could buy so I can draw / write on glass permanently - and it be preferably dishwasher proof?

I want to draw levels on a wine glass so that I don't have to get the measuring jug - you can buy these glasses but at £20+ a time I'm hoping to be very mse about it!

Comments

• nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can bake sharpies into ceramic. If you place the glass in a cold oven and warm up it may be the same.

Id be tempted to just draw it on and redraw as and when needed. But I also hand wash as we have no dishwasher so this probably wouldn't be as often.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    We use Giotto multi purpose pens at Brownies. They're about £8 for twelve colours and can be used on several types of surface, including glass.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Thank you very much for suggestions. I'm going to try the Sharpie suggestion to see if that works before resorting to anything more expensive.

With all the talk of needing to limit alcohol intake for health & dieting reasons I've obviously discovered a gap in the market!!
  • adom_thomas
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a pen that I could buy so I can draw / write on glass permanently - and it be preferably dishwasher proof?

I want to draw levels on a wine glass so that I don't have to get the measuring jug - you can buy these glasses but at £20+ a time I'm hoping to be very mse about it!

I recommended to use food safe marker in this particular situation!
  • alex80
    alex80 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    BayState Blue isn't a bulletproof ink. It is waterproof and impervious to alcohols and solvents, but it is not fade resistant, UV resistant or bleach resistant.
    ***signature removed by Forum Team - please read the forum rules if you are not sure why your signature has been removed***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure