IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

recieved a Northampton claim form for a parking eye penalty notice

Options
Hi, I am new here, I have however visited several times since recieving a parking charge from pe last autumn. The best advice seemed to be to ignore and not correspond with them at all, that it was I have done.
Today I have recieved a claim form from Northampton County Court.
Is this still part of the scam/threat ? or should this be taken seriously and replied to?. From all I have read on here I never thought it would go this far and now am quite concerned.

I overstayed a 2 hour parking limit at a diy store by about 25 mins, I have reciepts to prove I am a customer, The reason for my overstay is that I was fixing equipment (related to my trade that is fitted to my van) in the car park with products bought from the store, I did'nt leave until the equipment was fixed and was certain that I did not need to go in to buy anything else, Incidentally there is a hot food trailer in the car park too which I often breakfast at, as I did that morning which probably added to me going over 2 hours , what price a bacon butty !
The way I see it neither the diy store or the hot food trailer made any financial loss from me overstaying the stated time period. I go there reguarly ever since and also notice that pe's cameras do not even face into the car park anymore and seem redundant.

Please advise me on what I should (if anything) do next.
Many thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll be defending it (obviously never ignore a small claim or the claimant just gets a default judgment against you automatically, which would be fairly stupid...) so you need to read the notice you've got there from the Court - take it seriously but don't panic about the scam - and get advice from pepipoo on what to send when.

Post here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

...but do not give any details about who was driving or what happened on the new thread. Make sure the subject line of your thread is clear that you have a PE Court claim (please read a few threads on there first and you'll see claims happen sometimes and defences are provided for free by pepipoo).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure