How to Complain to BT

Options
Is it better sending in a written complaint or to send it in via email and what is the best address to send this to?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 January 2015 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Pen and Paper and recorded delivery .
    Or
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3513645

But the BT rep does not live on the forum .
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Pen and Paper and recorded delivery .
    Or
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3513645

But the BT rep does not live on the forum .

How often does he pop on?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »

Not a clue .
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »

From their profile:
    Last Activity: 25-01-2015 5:49 PM

Obviously they could have been on browsing since that time though.
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi shaz77,

Can you be more specific about your complaint? If you can drop me an email with the details I???ll be happy to help. You???ll get the contact details in my profile.

Cheers

David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • artistsonly
    Options
    I am also having problems with BT, in that they have taken over my phone line but not my broadband!

January 6th - I ordered a weekend calls landline package with unlimited standard broadband from BT.com through Quidco.

January 20th - Switchover day from EE to BT. Landline was switched, but broadband remained with EE. We were told to wait a few days.

January 22nd - told by BT that there was a duplicate order on the line and that we would need to use the MAC code provided by EE (via BT Openreach). The MAC code was found not to work.

January 26th - EE provides the same MAC code again.

January 27th - EE Acknowledges that they have sent the request for a replacement MAC code to the wrong department. EE states we must wait until January 7th to be supplied with another MAC code.

There are a number of separate problems here, in order of occurence:
    1) BT were at fault in duplicating our order in the system, resulting in the situation we have now where the phone line is with BT and the broadband is stuck with EE.
    2) BT Openreach provided EE with the wrong MAC code which means we have been unable to move to a new provider.

The result of all of this is that I will probably not receive cashback from Quidco for my BT order (£120) or the £75 Sainsburys voucher from BT. I am also paying for both the EE service and the BT service at the same time. If we receive a new MAC code on February 7th, then it will be the end of February before the broadband is transferred.

Being that MAC codes will be phased out in June of this year, I do not understand why there is not another system in place which can set up the transfer of our broadband from EE to BT.
  • squigler1
    Options
    I am really at the end of my tether with them!

I placed an order with them on 6th December to install a phone line and Broadband infinity. I'm still waiting!! I have been on the phone to them more times than I can remember, nearly everyday this week.

The current date I have is the 6th March despite being promised last Friday it would definitely be sorted by the end of this week! That will be 3 months after I placed the order!!

Twice orders have got stuck in their system and had to be cancelled and raised again! just about every time someone promises to call me back and doesn't!

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to be taken seriously to get this sorted. One thing is for sure I won't be using BT in the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure