PPI Bank of Scotland Claim

Options
Hi,

I queried my ppi through templates avialable on which? Website. HBOS wrote to me advising I had ppi on a credit card and ppi on two loans.

I was away when I received the letters - having not returned the forms as of yet I got a phone call from them asking for more details about the credit card- info that was asked on the form. However I wonder why they didn’t call about the loans??

He caught me unawares and when he asked if I had savings at the time I said no- however I now remember I would have had about 2k savings. Can I call them and add this info?

With the loans I have no recollection of where or when I took them out and what info I was given abt ppi- I just know that I always thought it was a must.. surely it will be rejected if I can’t prove these details?

Can I ask how ppi was charged on a credit card.. was it a % if the balance month to month? Also I had the credit card from 2002-2011.. I went from permanent employment to being a student nurse in 2009- ppi did not apply to students.. am I right?

Thoughts appreciated!
Thanks
Aisling

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    PPI is charged monthly.

If you went from employment to non employment, that would not make it mis sold. It is based on status at the time.

If you feel you have given them wrong information, contact them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Splash81 wrote: »
    He caught me unawares and when he asked if I had savings at the time I said no- however I now remember I would have had about 2k savings. Can I call them and add this info?
    You can, but it's unlikely to affect the outcome. No point contacting them at all unless you have documentary proof that you had these savings in 2002.

Can I ask how ppi was charged on a credit card.. was it a % if the balance month to month?
    Yes and so only paid when there was an actual balance
    Also I had the credit card from 2002-2011.. I went from permanent employment to being a student nurse in 2009- ppi did not apply to students.. am I right?
    Yes, but you can hardly complain that the insurance was mis-sold to you in 2002 when you were still working.
    It was your own responsibility to cancel the insurance yourself when you became a student .
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

That is an insignificant amount of savings and would have no impact on the decision. For savings to work as a reason you typically need around 1-2 years worth of income held as savings.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure