PPI car finance co. ceased trading

Options
Hi, new to the forums so if this is posted in the wrong place please move it to where it should be! :)

I had PPI on car finance in 1999 through Singer & Friedlander Finance Ltd in Dorking however the company is no longer trading... does this mean I cannot claim anything back? It would really be a kick in the teeth if people are out of pocket cos the company took their money but now have gone, especially people like myself who are suffering from debt! :angry:

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Comments

• societys_child
    Options
    does this mean I cannot claim anything back?
    Yes, if afraid it does.

Got to ask though, why do you feel it was missold?
    Like any other insurance policy it was there to protect you if things went wrong.
    What was wrong with the policy?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Got to ask though, why do you feel it was missold?
    Generally mis-sold at this time for car finance, but also unregulated of course.

Added without knowledge or permission, sold to those who could never claim etc etc.

No surprise that it was eventually regulated, but those who were mis-sold prior to 2005 have no redress..
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Maurangie wrote: »
    Hi, new to the forums so if this is posted in the wrong place please move it to where it should be! :)

I had PPI on car finance in 1999 through Singer & Friedlander Finance Ltd in Dorking however the company is no longer trading... does this mean I cannot claim anything back? It would really be a kick in the teeth if people are out of pocket cos the company took their money but now have gone, especially people like myself who are suffering from debt! :angry:

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Singer & Friedlander Finance Ltd was part of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander. They went into administration in 2008. They are still in administration, although Singer & Friedlander Finance was dissolved last year.

I'm not certain, but I believe S&F did dealer finance, so the PPI would have been sold by the dealer, who were not regulated before 2005.

Nowhere to go I'm afraid.
  • Maurangie
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, even though they confirm what I feared... !!!55357;!!!56863;
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maurangie wrote: »
    !!!55357;!!!56863;
    Exactly
    !!!55357;!!!56863;:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income