Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your day.
    I would have cried I think so you are a better woman than me.
    Alsi are a pain that way.
    They mix the tomato juice with some other juice & it drives me nuts!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    ''Oh Dusty! Sounds like a bit of a disaster to be honest! Glad you made it home OK... Definitely time for the trolley next time I think. Just wallop other people out of the way with it ;) Just kidding!''
    :D:D:D
    I have been tempted at times! :rotfl:
    Oh,and forgot to tell you the final touch. Humped the bags home only to find one of the 500g yoghurts had split right down the seam and poured out all over the contents of my shopping . Every item had to be washed and dried,plus the mess of yoghurt pooled in the bottom of my best bag. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Of course it couldnt be the cheap plastic bag,could it?:rotfl:
    Wonder why the edit button has disappeared. All the stupid mistakes I carelessly make will be on view so I had better read carefully before I save.I spend more time correcting than posting.........yep,several errors.....but though my browser is underlining my spelling of yoghurt as wrong I have ALWAYS spelt it like that and dont intend to change.
    Am getting an urge to write yoghurt my way 100 times.......yep,there goes the little squiggle again
    Found this online;

Is it yogurt or yoghurt?

To the dismay of traditionalists, more manufacturers and retailers have been using the Americanised spelling of yogurt that drops the letter 'h'. But producers have defended the move, saying the British spelling of yoghurt is now outdated and should reflect the industry changes.

Yep.dinosaur Dusty is definitely outdated.I have an excuse,I will be 70 on 31stJan.Old dog........:rotfl:
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Would you believe it the edit button has turned up again!:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I cant see the edit button.
    What is going on :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SuperMoose
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I cant see the edit button.
    What is going on :(
    Thread here about it :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5784697

Seems MSE are messing around with things trying to stop the spammers :cool:
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs :)
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Hope they sort that all out soon.Meanwhile I will have to be really careful scrutinising my posts before sending them. I am such a slow typist (2 fingered,often 1 fingered if my crippling arthritis is playing up) that I would never sort things out in 30 secs :D Anyway,sometimes I want to add more info or thoughts later so not being able to do that would be a major pain.
  • SuperMoose
    Options
    The "Edit" button seems to be back :T

Have a good day everyone :)
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs :)
  • dustydigger
    Options
    It was seeing the nice way the Savings Ninja Turtles used the word January to bring together all their disparate aims and goals that led me to setting up my own thread. Certainly I would have had to devote masses of time if I got involved there,posting and updating in so many categories Better time use to do it myself.
    But it was interesting. Here it is

Janus is the god who looks both backwards and forwards. A new year can be a time to look back over the previous year (but we turtles have already done this in December). So this is a time to look forwards - where do you want to be in 12 months from now? 5 years? 10 years?

Activity. This is a BOGOF one. Take up a new hobby or resurrect a new one. ALSO, be active. Keep moving.

Non-negotiables:
    -18 NSDs (if not, why not?)
    -your bugets are set by the start of the month and are fixed.
    -£5 to foodbank / charity
    -pay money to your debts FIRST - do not wait to see how much is left at the end - and live within your budget
    -meal plan

Unabashed, unambiguous, unconditional, undaunted, undivided, unerring, unshakeable devotion to your goal(s). [more on this later]

Always plan your meals; always take a shopping list; always take your lunch to work and drink + snacks when out and about; avoid all coffee shops, vending machines, work canteens...

Reduce, re-use, repair, re-gift, recycle, recover, refuse! And read.

You are the key to reducing your debt, living modestly, keeping as fit and well as you can. So look after yourself - physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

I want to re-introduce Bob's s t r e t c h challenge for January: how much extra an you earn / save off your food shop / move / remove.

I want to adapt that to my needs,but now Mr Dusty wants me to somehow update his tablet browser,so I have to leave it for now.He is even WORSE with technology than I am,but insists on getting complicated (well,to him!and me!!!!!) tech,such as tablets and a smart phone,and then expects me to figure it out.......eyes glazing,eyes glazing........70 and 79 is too old for all this stuff:rotfl:
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Cant believe it, after moaning and struggling with his tablet,Mr Dusty put the blame on it not his incompetence - and went off and got another. Guess who has had to try to set it up,get apps etc? Yep the gal who detests android and anything that needs swiping. I had a windows 8 computer which drove me up the wall.When I tried to ''swoosh'' it never seemed to work,then if I was busy and barely breathed on it out would pop the ''charms'' That was truly a nightmare. :mad:No wonder Windows hurriedly brought out Windows 10:)
    Then it was his football coupons,lots of foreign teams,and guess who had to locate their countries so that he can go straight to the results? Perhaps you all know which countries to look for with ease to find Genk,Kortrijk,Linfield,Moreinense,Twente....???? No? Me neither :rotfl::rotfl:

.....sigh...its now after 4 pm and I have to make tea at 5 so my time online is scuppered for now:(
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Another annoyance,I wanted to link my diary to my signature,as outlined on the sticky at the DFW diaries thread,but like numerous others,couldnt get it to work. Would have liked to be able to click while on any thread I was posting on to get to the diary,but as with so many other things with posting on this site,things are just not working.Will try again later
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure