New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am really tired tonight , bed before 9 I think. Went to gym managed about 45 mins so not so bad.

Done a few jobs , just done lunch for tomorrow. Managed 3rd NSD so pleased with that .

Need to chase up other ppi money as it's not appeared in my account yet.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Great that you enjoyed your TV trip and got to spend quality time with your DS - and how lovely to reminisce with him!

NSDs sound good!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Options
    Thank you SSG , I am hoping to do more with DS , as DD always gets more attention with her having the DGC

This week has been really good at work, new team have welcomed me with open arms . Long may it last , I am feeling much happier now.

Today was a spend day as we paid for a Christmas lunch at work £7 for the middle of December. This is where it starts getting expensive, but I split my Christmas and birthday present savings over 10 months so that Nov and Dec I would have £70 each month spare for things like above.

It looks as though this was a good idea for me personally.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    So pleased the new team gave you a warm welcome. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Glad the move at work went well :) x
  • 117pauline
    Options
    I am so pleased that the new team have been so welcoming but I bet you went in positively. Change is tough but you are obviously tougher!

I used to watch Question of Sport years ago. Mum whilst doing no sport herself knew at least half the answers. Now I struggle to get even a couple right. I am a MotoGP fan and absolutely love the racing. They are amazing athletes and the injuries they endure for our pleasure. Pretty mad too though.

The string quartet we saw were from the University of Nottingham. I had forgotten about the variety of music from the uni so I've signed up to their e-mail notifications. I bet you have similar in your area....... hold on, are you near Manchester? My mum goes to see the Halle and also performances from Cheethams.

Good to hear you sound so positive
    Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    Yes near Manchester , have been to see the Halle a couple of times at the Bridgewater Hall. Chethams school of music perform in lots of places around Manchester, I have heard them a few times.

Your mum will have been to the Bridgewater Hall I am sure. The BBC philharmonic also do performances at Media City that you can attend if you are lucky in the draw for tickets , your mum may enjoy that as well .

I try to be positive, though don't always succeed .
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lovely to hear you’re enjoying working with your new team. It makes such a difference to your working life when you think how much time we can spend there. Your Christmas lunch should be fun!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • 117pauline
    Options
    My mum and her pals, the youngest 80, regularly go to the Bridgewater Hall. They have a routine of coffee and cake, afternoon concert, tram home and a meal afterwards.
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    That's lovely to hear, I hope I can do that when I am 80 !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure