DWP not received PIP medical report yet

Options
I had my face to face assessment for PIP 5 days ago and I phoned up to request a copy of the report and the guy on the phone said they haven't received a copy of it yet and it takes over a week to be scanned over.
Having read other threads, people seem to be able to request their report the next day so I'm worried something may have happened.

Comments

• bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    devon_guy wrote: »
    I had my face to face assessment for PIP 5 days ago and I phoned up to request a copy of the report and the guy on the phone said they haven't received a copy of it yet and it takes over a week to be scanned over.
    Having read other threads, people seem to be able to request their report the next day so I'm worried something may have happened.

Ring today and ask again.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    .. I'm worried something may have happened.

Wouldn't it be 'Easter' that has just happened?

After all "5 days ago" would be separated from today by two bank holidays and a weekend. Even ATOS/Capita staff are allowed time off work..:)
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Leave it a week or so. Mine was there within an hour or two (I didn't request it but had a text to say they had it)

But there have been four non-working days in a row, and delays happen at the best of times.

Likelihood is it's caught in the system and will get where it needs to in the next few days
  • devon_guy
    devon_guy Posts: 293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've phoned dwp today. Still no sign of the report so I phoned atos who confirmed they sent it electronically on Saturday. Hmm
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    I've phoned dwp today. Still no sign of the report so I phoned atos who confirmed they sent it electronically on Saturday. Hmm

Why the big rush to get the report? Surely wait for the decision then ask for the report....

Nothing has happened, Your claim/report is likely waiting in a queue to be reviewed by a decision maker. You are unlikely to get a decision this week or next, Maybe 3 weeks depending how busy they are.

By getting the report won't change the outcome of the decision.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options

Being sent on Saturday doesn't mean it will have been actioned by DWP yet. It depends on the number of reports and the number of DMs available to work on them.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Just to forewarn you there maybe an 8 week or more wait for the decision. Although, as above, mine was with them on same day, I didn't have a decision for 7 weeks - whcih was the point I got frustrated and rang on text relay, decision had been made previous day, didn't get the letter for another week.

All you can do is try to put it to the back of your mind for now
  • Kk79
    Kk79 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I've pm'd you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income