IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket charges on the residential area where we leave.

Options
2»

Comments

• BEA76
    Options
    Thank you, I have tried the route related to planning, read several articles about parking standards for residential dwellings and came across the information such as:

- min 1 car parking space should be provided per two bedroom dwelling or
    - for flats - no. 2 of uncallocated spaces per dwelling or
    - for Housing Associations - 0.5 spaces per dwelling + 0.5 spaces visitor parking per dwelling

Furthermore it it also noted on Parking Design Standards (published by gov) that:

- "In residential development specific provision should be made for residents’ and visitors’ parking. Early contact should be made with Transportation Services to determine which areas of parking, if any, will be adopted by the Council".

- "It is essential that provision is appropriately located to avoid indiscriminate and obstructive parking. The maximum distance from any dwelling to the nearest “allocated” space should not exceed 30 metres and it is desirable that the maximum distance to “unallocated” spaces should also be 30 metres"

THE GENERAL QUESTION IS: WERE OUR RESIDENTIAL DWELLINGS DESIGNED IN LINE WITH THE REGULATED BY PLANNING "PARKING DESIGN STANDARDS"?

I wrote to my local City Council and am awaiting their reply...let's see what they advice.
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Although interesting - I am not sure if that is going to get your PCN's cancelled or defended if they are going to court?
    We have recently received two representations made through county court which we are trying to defend..

Can you clarify where you are with your PCNs? Then an expert can jump in if you are in the situation where you actually need to defend court proceedings.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    BEA76 wrote: »
    Thank you, I have tried the route related to planning, read several articles about parking standards for residential dwellings and came across the information such as:

- min 1 car parking space should be provided per two bedroom dwelling or
    - for flats - no. 2 of uncallocated spaces per dwelling or
    - for Housing Associations - 0.5 spaces per dwelling + 0.5 spaces visitor parking per dwelling

Furthermore it it also noted on Parking Design Standards (published by gov) that:

- "In residential development specific provision should be made for residents’ and visitors’ parking. Early contact should be made with Transportation Services to determine which areas of parking, if any, will be adopted by the Council".

- "It is essential that provision is appropriately located to avoid indiscriminate and obstructive parking. The maximum distance from any dwelling to the nearest “allocated” space should not exceed 30 metres and it is desirable that the maximum distance to “unallocated” spaces should also be 30 metres"

THE GENERAL QUESTION IS: WERE OUR RESIDENTIAL DWELLINGS DESIGNED IN LINE WITH THE REGULATED BY PLANNING "PARKING DESIGN STANDARDS"?

I wrote to my local City Council and am awaiting their reply...let's see what they advice.

the chances are that planning for car parking was submitted , but later they did not buy the land , and the planning permission was in place and the buildings built by that time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure