Sky Cancellation Penalty?

Options
I have a 12 month 60% off Sky TV offer that ends on 17 August 2016.

A Sky adviser has just warned me that by giving notice to cancel my offer will be removed and full price charged. I asked to see the term he was referring to but he could only give links to T&Cs without quoting any actual term.

This can't be true, can it?

Comments

• parttimeskint
    Options
    Your offer should only be removed when the subscription cancels, an alternative offer is applied, or it reaches 17th August, which ever comes soonest. Placing a cancellation on the TV subscription doesn't automatically remove any TV offers but once the subscription cancels, reactivating the TV won't reactivate the offer. This won't effect you but could have an effect on others who cancel to make a point and then reactivate, only to realise their offer is no longer there.

Also, offers can be linked. E.g a TV discount can be linked to BB or talk services so, if you cancel the BB, the TV discount also cancels as it no longer applies.

In your case you should be fine as it is 30 days notice to cancel, which will take you past the 17th of August, so the offer will have ended anyway. You would have to pay the last few days at the full subscription cost after the 17th.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MarkBurs wrote: »
    I have a 12 month 60% off Sky TV offer that ends on 17 August 2016.

A Sky adviser has just warned me that by giving notice to cancel my offer will be removed and full price charged. I asked to see the term he was referring to but he could only give links to T&Cs without quoting any actual term.

This can't be true, can it?

GARBAGE - I gave my 30 days notice to cancel last year when I was just within the last month of my 50% off deal -still got the discount applied for the last month -then got an even better offer before the cancellation actually took effect:T
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    GARBAGE - I gave my 30 days notice to cancel last year when I was just within the last month of my 50% off deal -still got the discount applied for the last month -then got an even better offer before the cancellation actually took effect:T
    Same here. An extra £50 credit.

However, as the offer was taken 2 or 3 days before the termination was due and I downgraded from Variety to Original, I had to take the former for one month, but it was at the discounted price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure