Amazon return dispute, will I lose?

Options
Not a consumer issue per say but I returned something to Amazon and they claim there was a missing item so refusing to refund order but its more complicated than that, I spoke multiple times to CS by chat who told me they had it and were just waiting for it to be scanned it and a refund would be generated but 2 of the chats in particular confirmed a refund would be issued for certain as it was in last stages of return.

The problem now is as the month return window has passed the tracking numbers have been cancelled by Amazon but I still have them shown as returned to seller in their own tracking just not the third party one.

So with screenshots of them plus the emails from CS saying a refund will be issued will I win or lose? Im just panicking as the courier website no longer accepts the tracking I will fail.

Paid for by credit card and amount just over £100

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had the CS people who said you'd get a refund actually examined the returned parcel, or were they just intimating that you would get a refund if everything was ok?

Did you in fact return all of the items?
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thats what I am worried about, yes returned all the items, in original packaging and Amazon packaging wrapped with extra bubble wrap, a huge amount of tape that being said it began raining when I was getting off bus so got a little wet not soaked but enough that part of label had ran.

So they didn't examine the parcel but one said as a goodwill gesture they will refund rather than wait, that never happened.

Their responses were very mechanical like "once the item reaches the fullfilment centre its scanned through, this process takes 1-2 weeks and another 1-2 weeks to process your refund"
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm unclear - are you saying you returned an item and its gone missing in the post and not made it to Amazon, or that you returned an item which Amazon has received but they say part of it has gone missing from the package?

Do you have proof of postage?

I often find Amazon refund me as soon as the item has been accepted and scanned by the post office or local Hermes/Collect+ shop.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thats a longer story, yes they recieved the package but saying one part of it is missing, but because I had complaints in past they basically are saying its suspicious but saying no refund will be issued they admit they have the packaging and the tracking did work until the returns window closed now it shows invalid apart from amazons own return page which shows it sucessfully returned.

The suspicions were a few months back their courier by their own admission left a parcel on my "doorstep" I live in a block of flats with buzzer entry, it was of course gone by time I got back.

Shortly after I bought bulk vinegar but one of them leaked, not much was gone since the bottle was so large but they gave me a refund, then I bought something else that arrived dented so got a refund, then more vinegar and again it leaked, then some bicarbonate of soda but the package had half leaked out so they refunded.

So yeah I can see why it was suspicious to them that being said each time I never asked for a refund just stated items were damaged.
  • Dribiddi
    Dribiddi Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does beg the question why you keep using them
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dribiddi wrote: »
    Does beg the question why you keep using them

So in the times I have used them, had a few items damaged and instant refund, one go missing instant refund, and out of warranty thing break a year ago instant refund.

Thats better than risking Ebay.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    I've placed over 300 orders with Amazon. Only returned a dozen or so - usually because the wrong item was shipped or it was faulty. Never had a problem - usually the refund is issued when it's scanned by Collect+. On one occasion they refunded and said there was no need to return the original. (The item had a low value.)

Seems you've been unlucky.

If you continue to use them, perhaps use an Amazon locker. They seem to be springing up everywhere and that would at least eliminate the issue of stuff getting stolen from outside your flat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure