Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    I have * Classic Plus and have not received this e mail ............... yet
    Can we save the bragging until they actually do it? (And then we'll see who's the daddy!...someone else is already boasting 3 more than you on another thread. :))
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think I will go for some more premium bonds with the money and move my Emergency Fund to TSB. 3% is a decent rate but at £3 something a month I don't feel that I have to keep it full at all times.
  • neptcury
    neptcury Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2016 at 6:55PM
    Options
    Not sure if it's allowed, as I can't post attachments, but here's the new T&C's

http://www.filedropper.com/classicplusaccounttermsandconditions

Click on 'Download This File'
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    3% is my magic number because that's what the fix on my mortgage is. Any lower and I'm cursing the rules about maximum overpayments allowed in a year. TSB also does cashback, so even if they went to zero interest I'd keep it until September next year (albeit with only £100 in it).

I don't fancy trying to chase huge returns in the stock market, since I'm saving to pay off my mortgage when the fixed rate runs out, so the only account I'm thinking of closing is my Santander one - I was making money vs the fee because I make monthly overpayments on the mortgage (my utility bills are a drop in the ocean against that), but at 1.5% it may be better to pay the whole year's overpayment on 1 January and close the account rather than paying the fee and spreading the mortgage payments to get the 1% cashback. (If anybody fancies working that one out for me I'd be very grateful. :))
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GTR_King wrote: »
    I know but 3% is rubbish o well

3% is pretty damn good. The highest rates for current accounts/ easy access savers post February, at the moment, will be Nationwide at 5% (every other year), then the next best is 3% with Tesco, Bank of Scotland and TSB.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    djpailo wrote: »
    3% is pretty damn good. The highest rates for current accounts/ easy access savers post February, at the moment, will be Nationwide at 5% (every other year), then the next best is 3% with Tesco, Bank of Scotland and TSB.
    Tesco have yet to make a move.
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Tesco have yet to make a move.

In the next few months Tesco will be the best bank to go for, £6000 in 2 current accounts earning 3%.

Unless they change it of course.
    They could find themselves the most recommended current account with doing anything.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dan83 wrote: »
    In the next few months Tesco will be the best bank to go for, £6000 in 2 current accounts earning 3%.

Unless they change it of course.
    They could find themselves the most recommended current account with doing anything.

I think they will follow suit, as they are already ahead, having no ins and outs conditions.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I think they will follow suit, as they are already ahead, having no ins and outs conditions.

But those shaking it all about conditions are pretty onerous.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Can we save the bragging until they actually do it? (And then we'll see who's the daddy!...someone else is already boasting 3 more than you on another thread. :))"

I'm not 'boasting', I'm lamenting !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport